My $104.00 Benchmade Knife

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

My $104.00 Benchmade Knife

Postby Devlin » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:11 am

Since no one appears to be around here anymore, I will share a story with myself.

A few weeks ago, I was walking around a local flea market. This is more of an old school one where you really do not know what you will find. I spot a Benchmade knife on a guys table. I take a good look at it and it is an older one, I thought a 960. Well it was a 960NM which was a special edition that they did for Neiman Marcus back in 2003. It was missing two screws and could use some love. Someone had been using it for EDC and it showed. It has pearl inlays to make cutting a bitch a bit more classy.

We go back and forth on the price but I get if for $100.00

I end up sending it back to Beanchmade under their life sharp program. About one week later, I get it back. The two screws hade been replaced, the blade sharpened and the action reworked. It turned out great and they did not even charge me.

So for $104.00, that includes the shipping I paid to get it out there, I have a new knife for when I have some fancy place to go.
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Re: My $104.00 Benchmade Knife

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:39 am

Brains and knowledge will get you somewhere. thumb up.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Re: My $104.00 Benchmade Knife

Postby Hitoru » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:44 pm

I like benchmade brand knives.
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

My 104 00 Benchmade Knife

Postby russlits » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:26 am

So hope Im in the right forum, but I ordered a knife off Amazon, pretty cheap I may add, and when it got here I was in shock. It is branded benchmade, with made in the USA printed on the other side. I looked it up, and it looks like a model 40 trainer. Now my dumb question, did I get an amazing deal, or can china actually brand a knife like that?
russlits

Re: My 104 00 Benchmade Knife

Postby Devlin » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:46 pm

russlits wrote:So hope Im in the right forum, but I ordered a knife off Amazon, pretty cheap I may add, and when it got here I was in shock. It is branded benchmade, with made in the USA printed on the other side. I looked it up, and it looks like a model 40 trainer. Now my dumb question, did I get an amazing deal, or can china actually brand a knife like that?

Yea, you may have gotten a fake one, it is common.
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!