Sig 226 vs H&K USP

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Postby theJesusHorse » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:53 pm

I agree RYP. The SOCOM is a well made and accurate weapon, but is of limited use because of its massive size. As I'm sure you know, most of those guys are using SIGs, Glocks, or custom 1911s instead.
Also, "The Settle", if you are going to be using your gun in a foreign country, dont even bother buying one here. Chances are, even if you can get it into your destination country, you will almost certainly wont be able to bring it back(legally). As "Expat" advised, I would purchase a handgun at your destination rather than trying to bring it with you.
theJesusHorse
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:38 pm

Guns are cheap in Iraq and most households have one. They sell them in the Market in Sadr city or just put the word out to any local Iraqi that you are looking for a Makarov or AK. The Makorov is an stoneage but useful weapon for personal carry and relatively cheap in Iraq.

Your best bet is a Krinkov or at least an AK with a foldable stock. Iraqi ammo is crap but cheap. You can pass on the gun when you leave or keep it in the house for the next person.

I don't carry but most of the people I am with fear going out out without something heavy.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby Makarov » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:26 pm

I carry a Makarov, and they are definitely reliable, though a little underpowered. 9x18mm Makarov is still a good round if you know how to shoot though. Only an 8 round mag, but again, training makes it usable.

It's very small, I can throw it in a pocket.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight... razor... and surviving." -Col. Kurtz.
Makarov

Postby theJesusHorse » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:49 pm

You say you are doing some missionary work in dangerous places and need a weapon? It would be rather sad and ironic to see "missionaries" roaming the streets with AKs and RPG-7s! heheh

Anyway, Makarovs should be pretty easy to find and the are reliable enough. They are essentially just the Russians modified version of the Walther PPK. The 9x18mm round is slightly more powerful than a .380, and less powerful than the 9mm Parabellum round, but it should provide a decent level of protection.
I would also consider purchasing or borrowing some body armor before you go. Level 3A or higher. Cheers
theJesusHorse
BFCus Regularus

Postby The Settle » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:33 pm

apw100 wrote:You say you are doing some missionary work in dangerous places and need a weapon? It would be rather sad and ironic to see "missionaries" roaming the streets with AKs and RPG-7s! heheh

"when in rome"
Don't Tread on Me
The Settle
BFCus Regularus

Postby The Settle » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:25 pm

i have decided to go with the sig sp2009 it felt nice and went easy on the wallet. found one used for half msrp.
Don't Tread on Me
The Settle
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!