The best Balaclava

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

The best Balaclava

Postby Devlin » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:16 am

Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Re: The best Balaclava

Postby Kurt » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:18 am

3 Hole? Also perfect as a bowling ball cozy
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby gnaruki » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:37 pm

Neat. The balaclava designed for mute cyclops is on sale! Perfect for ice storms.

https://myairblaster.com/products/terryclava-2324?
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:56 pm

Honestly read this as baklava and got excited.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chimborazo » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:59 pm

ROB wrote:Honestly read this as baklava and got excited.

I've been let down enough times by baklava that now I assume it's going to be a heavy, syrupy diamond of disappointment before I eat it. Now I'm rarely disappointed and more often delighted.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:27 pm

Yeah I'd agree with that, but it seems like something that **should** be good, so I choose to believe that I have had a series of underwhelming experiences and the more I consume the closer I will get to "the one" that will make the journey all worthwhile.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chimborazo » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:10 pm

I have the same issue with Kunafa and I honestly believe I have had "the one" (though I suppose this is very subjective), and it came from a Palestinian owned place in Bahrain. It's consistently perfect. The ones I've had that have come closest have been in Jordan (probably made by Palestinians), but dude in Bahrain has been the best. Now I'm pretty consistently disappointed. Surprisingly, I had a pretty good baklava at Hafiz Mustafa in Istanbul. I say surprisingly because it's a chain and I didn't have high expectations, but I really liked all the deserts I've had there.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:50 am

Chimborazo wrote:I have the same issue with Kunafa and I honestly believe I have had "the one" (though I suppose this is very subjective), and it came from a Palestinian owned place in Bahrain. It's consistently perfect. The ones I've had that have come closest have been in Jordan (probably made by Palestinians), but dude in Bahrain has been the best. Now I'm pretty consistently disappointed. Surprisingly, I had a pretty good baklava at Hafiz Mustafa in Istanbul. I say surprisingly because it's a chain and I didn't have high expectations, but I really liked all the deserts I've had there.

I will get kicked out of Greece for saying this buuuuuttt...Turkiye (sp?) makes better Baklava than any place in Greece. The Turks seem to get it both syrupy and fluffy...which is pretty amazing.

Greeks do way better and grilling though and grilled lamb with either their good wine or their cheap wine (Retsina with the bottle cap) is awesome. Even fairly liberal Muslims like the Turks kind of ruin their grilling by serving it with coke or tea. It becomes prudish and boring when you do that.

Both cultures win though with grilled fish and Ouzo / Raki all cloudy over ice. Followed by Baklava for dessert because any Baklava is better than no Baklava.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!