For Travel Writers And Photographers

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

For Travel Writers And Photographers

Postby Kurt » Fri May 27, 2005 12:43 am

This is from the folks at Polosbastards:

Many of you here are familiar with us and what we do at Polo's Bastards, and, for your support, we are ever appreciative.

The website owes its existence to a discussion that started at the Black Flag Cafe, and is now enjoying over a hundred thousand hits per month; a figure that we are hoping to triple over the next year.

Our monthly newsletter is finally up and running, thanks to the concerted efforts of the inimitable Nick Whalen (BFC's "Nick"). Visit the website to subscribe if you haven't already.

I'm now searching for more writers and photographers, who would be interested in submitting short (or lengthy) articles to grace our pages. You can see what we're about, so there's no need to bore you with specific requirements, but if you've ever fancied giving it a try, don't be backwards in coming forwards - please give me a shout.

Almost everything that we publish, gets discussed here at the BFC, so it's an excellent way to see how others consider your work (they're nearly always encouraging!)

Big thanks to RYP, Kurt and RR3 for allowing me to post this announcement.

Kind regards.

Lee Ridley (Foulplay)
editor@polosbastards.com
http://www.polosbastards.com
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Not sure

Postby RYP » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:48 pm

what this is
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Re: For Travel Writers And Photographers

Postby Kurt » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:17 pm

I remember. It used to be the travel section, I merged that.

I forgot about this. Pretty cool Somalia story in the link though.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:38 am

14 years ago..
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:00 pm

ROB wrote:14 years ago..

It only seems like 9
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby 2 Charlie » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:13 pm

I was tipping beer with one of the original founders circa 2010 in Sydney Australia during my contract in that region. I was partial to the BFC at the time and still am. Liked the concept and format of PB but seemed a tad too cerebral for raw adrenalin and coffee, it was a step in the right direction for PB and some of our clan at a time when HWSNBNH was in full immolation and some others hijacked and Manson Familied coerced some of our best, may they Post in Piece elsewhere.
"You can do it fast...you can do it cheap...you can do it right.....But you only get to pick two."
2 Charlie
Snortus Guinness

Postby rickshaw92 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:55 pm

Hope you are doing well 2Charie.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby 2 Charlie » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:54 pm

Living the life in a non hostile, naon austere location in Western Europe. You?
"You can do it fast...you can do it cheap...you can do it right.....But you only get to pick two."
2 Charlie
Snortus Guinness

Postby rickshaw92 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:14 pm

Rickshawing in London. Still. Not as much travel as before but I still get away from time to time. I tend to avoid total 3rd world shitholes these days. I am gettin kinda old. I do have a part time government job. Comes with bad food, worse pay, and a way cool uniform.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby RYP » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:51 pm

Isn't every Instagram post today an "Extreme Adventure". Did you know you are more likely to die from taking a selfie than from terrorist attack?

Good I knew you did.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby seektravelinfo » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:26 am

I haven’t traveled in so long, I’m practically a hermit and certainly a homebody. I love my apartment with the high ceilings and hardwood floors in this old building. It could be anywhere.
I’ve even gotten myself a dog. I am a granny now and my periodic escapades with my grandson are a real rush. I work for now, I’ve grown accustomed to my bosses being in their late ‘20’s & early ‘30’s, that their music is terrible & they make poor food choices.

So anyway I have an interview for my dream job on Thursday, a job that I am completely qualified for, that is close to my charming apartment, and I could walk, a job that is ground-breaking and to the good, a job that I sincerely want, so much so that I don’t want to jinx it by saying what it’s for. Thus,I’d appreciate all the good thoughts and vibes y’all could send out to the universe or to raise your glass to this effort. That’s all.

So anyway, back to travel, MikeMac I’m going to the U.K. next spring. For a whole month! Cotswold. You know Cotswold?
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:58 am

Inbox me here Seekers, would love to grab several pints. When in Spring?
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Ozymandias » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:26 am

2 Charlie wrote:I was tipping beer with one of the original founders circa 2010 in Sydney Australia during my contract in that region. I was partial to the BFC at the time and still am. Liked the concept and format of PB but seemed a tad too cerebral for raw adrenalin and coffee, it was a step in the right direction for PB and some of our clan at a time when HWSNBNH was in full immolation and some others hijacked and Manson Familied coerced some of our best, may they Post in Piece elsewhere.

We need to make Polo's Bastards great again!

I'll be hitting up Libya and Algeria in the next few months. Might write something up for them.
Ozymandias
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe