Vibram FiveFingers KSO Multisport Shoes For Men-Royal LT.Gre

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Vibram FiveFingers KSO Multisport Shoes For Men-Royal LT.Gre

Postby roach coach » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:49 am

Those shoes rock, especially when running on sketchy beaches.
..................__
............/´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........./'/.../..../......./¨¯\
.......('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
........\.................'...../
.........'\............. _.·´
...........\..............(
............\..............\
BROFIST
roach coach
BFCus Regularus

Re: Vibram FiveFingers KSO Multisport Shoes For Men-Royal LT.Gre

Postby Woodsman » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:05 pm

They will "massage" your lower calf the first few weeks pounding road with them.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Re: Vibram FiveFingers KSO Multisport Shoes For Men-Royal LT

Postby bearanddragon » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:38 pm

1) These shoes look IDIOTIC.
2) They stink like shit.
3) Try running in those on rocky ground - well on any ground.
4) My sense of righteousness compells me to savagely attack and beat any person I see wearing them.
5) Seriously? Seriously? Sandals, flip flops, booties, they're all better.
6) The image that automatically pops into my head of someone who wears this (especially of a young couple I saw wearing these together) is: yuppie douchebag
You paying attention? I'm talking... G5, Pecker! That's how you can roll. No more frequent flyer bitch miles for my boy! Oh yeah! Playa... playa! Big dick playa!
bearanddragon
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:42 pm

bearanddragon wrote:1) These shoes look IDIOTIC.
2) They stink like shit.
4) My sense of righteousness compells me to savagely attack and beat any person I see wearing them.
6) The image that automatically pops into my head of someone who wears this (especially of a young couple I saw wearing these together) is: yuppie douchebag

....so that's a no then is it?
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Woodsman » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:27 pm

bearanddragon wrote:1) These shoes look IDIOTIC.

True.

2) They stink like shit.

Not true.

My driveway is all gravel - I run 50M down it on my way to running 4 miles of roads, 2 miles which are gravel roads, and when I do my 2.4 mile warm ups, it's 2 miles up and down a gravel road that has all kinds of rocks in it.

If that's not enough rock for you, I climbed the high one there in the pic in my 5 fingers (that's a whole lot a rock, bud):

If you could catch them...

Better for catching a tan and lounging in yes...but not for running, kayaking or climbing rocks and/or mountains.

) The image that automatically pops into my head of someone who wears this (especially of a young couple I saw wearing these together) is: yuppie douchebag

I can understand that, and I am certain in some cases it is true, but when I purchased mine, I was solely looking for them as a training tool - and even though I have worn them "out" a couple of times, most of what I use them for is running. I wouldn't hesitate to suggest them to someone who has fucked their back up running in boots or "running" shoes, as the style of running you do in these is different than heel-strike running shoes - and much less hard on knees & backs...
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby svizzerams » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:46 pm

The uber-fit PA-C I work with who does triatholons swears by them. He demonstrated one day how it changes how you run - more on the ball of your foot. He claims they result in less injury. The first time I saw him wearing them I was rather taken aback because they look dorky. On the other hand they might work great for kayaking for me. I'm not sure about the material between the toes bit either as I have never been comfortable wearing flip-flops.
Joan of Arc went to battle with nothing
but the voices in her head
and a well-sharpened sword ~ Charlotte

...those without swords can still die upon them...

Illegitami non carborundum est
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby rickshaw92 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:52 pm

coldharvest wrote:
Royal wrote:I don't care.
They are hugely GAY.

...on anybody but me.
I promise you that I can walk down the street in a summer dress and nobody would think it was gay.

Perhaps not but it sounds like it would be visually disterbing.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby coldharvest » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:17 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:
coldharvest wrote:
Royal wrote:I don't care.
They are hugely GAY.

...on anybody but me.
I promise you that I can walk down the street in a summer dress and nobody would think it was gay.

Perhaps not but it sounds like it would be visually disterbing.

Oh Yeah
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Kurt » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:07 am

It is a good thing you are not gay Cold because you would never score man-pussy since twinks would think you were setting them up to rob them or something.

If you dressed like that guy from Judas Priest, you might look more gay ...but those who thought you were gay would see it as "trying to hard" and then that would mean no dude-tweeter for you.

You would be a good closet case monk though...that might work....But still you would not see some brother's tonsure bobbing up and down in your lap after vespers.

You better thank jeebus for making you straight.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Caliban » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:16 am

Chimborazo wrote:Having something between my toes like that would bug the shit out of me.

With you on that, but with Royal all the way on the rest. I'll stick to Keens, they are the bizz as far as I am concerned.....And not gay.

http://www.webtogs.co.uk/Keen_Newport_H ... s_577.html

woodsman wrote: (On sandalsflipflops etc) Better for catching a tan and lounging in yes...but not for running, kayaking or climbing rocks and/or mountains.

Keens will do all that too. Not mine. But they will.
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby Woodsman » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:21 am

I will have another pair of these shoes shortly.

I don't need another pair, but recently I won a pair in a contest.

It will be interesting to see what color they are when they arrive.

I have had these KSOs of mine for >7 months now. I have been using the hell out of them during that time and running in them for months now - about 5-6 days/week and I am blown away by how little wear they are showing. I mean seriously it is hard to even spot the wear in them on the soles. I have no idea how many miles I have on them - but a hell of a lot of miles, even lodged a cactus in my toe with them on (do not wear in cactus country)...

I stayed at my sisters house in the city last weekend and ran 3 miles on mostly flat concrete with them. I am used to running hills where I live - I should have run further - it seemed effortless.

It just makes me wish they had these when I was in high school. I expect kids who grow up wearing these to rip up the track.

Europe has some newer models that haven't arrived in the U.S. yet. It ought to be interesting to see what else they can come up with based off this design.
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:25 am

svizzerams wrote:The uber-fit PA-C I work with who does triatholons swears by them. He demonstrated one day how it changes how you run - more on the ball of your foot. He claims they result in less injury. The first time I saw him wearing them I was rather taken aback because they look dorky. On the other hand they might work great for kayaking for me. I'm not sure about the material between the toes bit either as I have never been comfortable wearing flip-flops.

I cannot wear flipflops that go between the big toe and rest of the toes. Those suck. These however, are awesome. They are very easy to get used to and do not bother me at all the way those flipflops do.

They *DO* look dorky. If you are scared of looking like a dork, DO NOT wear these.
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chimborazo » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:18 pm

After having spent the majority of the past 3.5 days barefoot, I am leaning toward getting these. I now realize how out of shape my feet are. One really does walk quite differently while barefoot.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:36 pm

Chimborazo wrote:After having spent the majority of the past 3.5 days barefoot, I am leaning toward getting these. I now realize how out of shape my feet are. One really does walk quite differently while barefoot.

My feet have changed due to running in them. The balls of my feet have become tougher after blisters have turned into callus. Still a lot of nerve endings on the bottom of my feet though - I still find gravel painful to walk on barefoot - however, with the vibrams, not a problem at all - every once in a while I will catch a rock underneath them while running - and I'll feel it - but pain doesn't hurt, it just lets you know you are alive.
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chimborazo » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:54 pm

There are lots of good articles out there.

http://nymag.com/health/features/46213/
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe