6 weeks in Zambia

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

6 weeks in Zambia

Postby Liam » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:28 am

April 1 I should be in Africa to head into Zambia to do some GPS mapping with some of the locals and I will be traveling outside into places most tourists never get.

I always wanted to get a close look at this part of the world, and jumped at the chance.

Anyone familiar with Zambia... everything I hear is outstanding, especially for the time of year we will be there.
The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity
Liam
BFCus Regularus

Re: 6 weeks in Zambia

Postby Tacos » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:33 am

Should be spectacular, beware of the mosquito though, very high malaria rates there.

Enjoy
Tacos
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:37 am

Bitchin meat pies in Lusaka. I got drunk at a gas station there. Vic falls are better from the Zim side. I spent a few days in Livingstone and a day in Lusaka plus a day on the border when I crossed from Malawi, beer was drinkable other than that I found the place to be kinda boring.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Liam » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:36 am

I've pretty much have got to travel the whole country to some off the beaten track places, though I will hit vic falls.

I was informed that the locals have a poor habit of getting hurt using knives to jab open canned items and if I could locate and bring the old GI style P-38 canopeners as gifts it would be appreciated, lol. I can get 100 count P-51 (the larger and more useful size ones) for about 30 bucks in bulk.

Other folks might include these bad boys as a good reasonably priced but appreciated gifts in other places, I'm sure being able to carry 100 or so and pass em out as presents could generate lots of good feelings.
The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity
Liam
BFCus Regularus

Postby Fansy » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:22 am

gifting money, smokes, drugs, and women can also help build rapport with the local savages im sure
"...we support members' rights to privacy."
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:48 pm

Fansy wrote:gifting money, smokes, drugs, and women can also help build rapport with the local savages im sure

Smokes, drugs, and women are usually bought from the local savages. Not bitchin bout payin the white people price too much is what builds up a good rapport.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Return to Black Flag Cafe