Travelblog about DPs (Chechnya, etc.)

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Travelblog about DPs (Chechnya, etc.)

Postby Travelbug » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:28 pm

Travelbug
BFCus Regularus

Re: Travelblog about DPs (Chechnya, etc.)

Postby Kurt » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:12 pm

I just skimmed it and it looks pretty cool. You might want to see if you can separate it into different pages because it takes a while to load.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:09 am

Polos Bastards is better

~JITW
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Postby Ultra Swain » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:21 pm

PB's is like Canada, they spend most of their time talking about how they aren't the BFC.
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby rickshaw92 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:27 pm

Ultra Swain wrote:PB's is like Canada, they spend most of their time talking about how they aren't the BFC.

LOL
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:02 am

Ultra Swain wrote:PB's is like Canada, they spend most of their time talking about how they aren't the BFC.

Swain, we're not like you at all. Your government uses Weapons of Mass Destruction on foreign populations, Canada just uses them on their own people:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/agent-orange-used-ont-highways-ndp-20110224-094514-019.html

..Agent Orange used on Ont. highways: NDP

CBC – 1 hour 47 minutes ago

Battle over pesticide use
Thu, 24 Feb, 2011 12:05 AM....An NDP MPP says former officials with the Ontario Ministry of Transportation have told him that Agent Orange was sprayed on highways across the province until the 1980s.

Gilles Bisson, the member for Timmins-James Bay, said during question period at Queen's Park in Toronto that an email sent to him by the officials indicates the substance was sprayed along the side of the highways to curb the growth of grass and shrubs.

Ontario Transportation Minister Kathleen Wynne acknowledged in the legislature that "questions are being asked" about the role of her ministry regarding the use of Agent Orange. Wynne said she had only been briefed about the matter Thursday morning, and that she doesn't have the details yet.

The governing Liberals launched a probe last week into the province's use of Agent Orange after former workers came forward saying they'd been exposed to it.

Archive documents also confirmed that forestry workers were exposed to toxic herbicides while helping to clear massive plots of Crown land in northern Ontario in the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s.

Wynne said after question period that she was "concerned" when she first heard about the news.

"I did not have any information about how the herbicide had been used in the [Ministry of Transportation]. We're just asking those questions now. And we're going to work closely with [the Ministry of Transportation] to make sure we get A, the right questions asked and B, the answers," she said.

Agent Orange, a defoliant best known for its use during the war in Vietnam, has been linked to birth defects and deadly illnesses.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby Travelbug » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:15 pm

Updates incl. the 3 Guyanas, Colombia, Sakhalin and "Top 100 Smooth Hotels in Tough Places":

http://www.bit.ly/dangerblog
Travelbug
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe