Thai/Cambodian Border

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Thai/Cambodian Border

Postby Chang Yai » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:55 am

Hey

Newbie here. I'm taking off to Thailand next week to visit my Fiance's family in Sisaket Thailand -- on the Cambodian border. There was a recent exchange of artillery between the 2 nations over a disputed temple. My girl had to leave her home and stay in a bunker during the shelling. I have stayed there before and I love the simple lifestyle (bathing with a bucket of water, cooking on a dirt floor, owning next to nothing.). I guess my question is: How safe is this area now? I've been following the Bangkok Post and it doesn't seem completely resolved. I don't mind--I'm still going. Just wanted to know if I should dig a "ranger grave" for myself or take any other precautions.

Thanks.

Btw....I'm NOT trying to pump my blog, but I write one about this area. If you are interested, here's a link. No Ads. Just journals and pics. Not sure if I'm allowed to post this or not. If not, please forgive me.

http://myfuckedupvacations.blogspot.com ... agogo.html
Chang Yai

Re: Thai/Cambodian Border

Postby rickshaw92 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:55 am

to visit my Fiance's family in Sisaket Thailand

Your not some dumb assed white geezer that fell for a bar girl are you?
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Chang Yai » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:32 pm

Nice manners a-hole. No, dickwad. Im a muay thai instructor. I am white, I'm not a geezer, and my girls a relative of one of the fighters I train with. Thanks for posting something usefull
Chang Yai

Postby Sri Lanky » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:45 pm

You might be useful....we'll see grasshopper. ; )

haha...way to go,Rick.
Sri Lanky

Postby Jimbo » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:42 pm

No worries...you'll be OK
Jimbo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Royal » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:42 pm

Chang Yai wrote:Nice manners a-hole. No, dickwad. Im a muay thai instructor. I am white, I'm not a geezer, and my girls a relative of one of the fighters I train with. Thanks for posting something usefull

Rickshaw has a good sense of humour.
He & I always get ours past customs into The Land of Smiles.

I see that they confiscated yours.

Always a pleasure.
Carry on.
Image We have no effective screening methods to make sure pilots are sane.— Dr. Herbert Haynes, FAA.
Royal
BABE MAGNET

Postby Chang Yai » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:53 pm

Ah, I see. I came to this forum for info...not to troll, talk shit, or ask the price of bargirls (I'm on other forums for that). Trust me- I have a thick skin and can throw it right back at you. No problem. I prefer to be polite and friendly. If I meet a smack talker, I just ignore him or throw it back. When someone asks if your fiancé is a whore...Well let's just say that's not a test of my sense of humor.
Is your wife or girlfriend a whore? Funny huh?
Chang Yai

Postby Jimbo » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:44 am

Like I said before, you'll be fine. I was In Cambodia 48 hours ago, staying in an area next to Chantaburi province in Thailand, the Khmers I spoke with said it's a marginalized situation & that the worst havoc has already been done. Inspite of the fact that the Khmers blame the Thais for starting the whole thing which is true. Don't buy into what the Bangkok says, The Thais love good drama...hence the number soap operas on TV.... they're also very nationalistic without knowing why...but that comes from a poor education system & goofy propaganda....
Jimbo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chang Yai » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:02 am

Thanks Jimbo. Exactly what I needed to know. It reminds me of the book Cats Cradle- you make war on me and next time it's our turn. They both get to pump up their nationalism. All I can say to whoever started it is that my girl called me and said the first artillery shells she heard were the ones landing near her house in khantaralak. Whoever started it I don't care. I only care about the innocent farmers who are just trying to work, and then end up in a bunker or sleeping in the jungle so they don't get blown up.
Thanks for the update man.
Chang Yai

Postby rickshaw92 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:46 am

Nice manners a-hole.

I'm not an ass hole, I'm the whole ass.

No, dickwad. Im a muay thai instructor.

Outstanding.

I am white

Good for you.

I'm not a geezer

Then your a woman?

and my girls a relative of one of the fighters I train with.

So your a woman and you have a girl? This thread needs pics!

Thanks for posting something usefull

Its what I do!

But really, your a Muay Thai instructor and you need to come on a message board to find out if you need someone to hold your hand while visiting the family of your wife to be? Odd. Why noy ask her?
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Chang Yai » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:29 am

funny post actually....I dig it +1

Would you like to hold my hand in the dark jungle sugar tits? I'm sure you got some ladyboy experience, or at least had a few "accidents" with all that drinking you do. I assume you're a submissive bottom. Cool. I'll be your daddy bear and sherpa up the moutain of gayness.

Yeah, you know us Muay Thai instructors are known for punching artillery shells out of the air. It's ninja shit my friend. Gotta see it to believe it.

Troll on brother
Chang Yai

Postby rickshaw92 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:07 am

funny post actually....I dig it +1

Good, your learning.

Would you like to hold my hand in the dark jungle

Not my cuppa but I'm sure you will do well.

I'm sure you got some ladyboy experience

No. I am pretty good at avoidin that asspect of da Kingdom.

or at least had a few "accidents" with all that drinking you do.

No. I am pretty good at drinkin though I once woke up in the pedestrian subway under the Platz in Munich after Oktoberfest and the rude awakening the Greman coppers gave me was the rudest ever.

I assume you're a submissive bottom.

No, I have a bottom any of the Flagetts could bounce a 2 pound coin off.

I'll be your daddy bear and sherpa up the moutain of gayness.

You missed shining eye by a few years.

Yeah, you know us Muay Thai instructors are known for punching artillery shells out of the air. It's ninja shit my friend. Gotta see it to believe it.

I go to the fights all the time when I am in the Kingdom. Gawila in Changers is a good venue though you should try to see it in a small village where you are the only Farang. It really is a good night out.

Have you gotten any e mails from your bride to be telling you that the family water buffalo is sick and that you should send a few hundered dollars for vet fees? I am sure I am not the only one on here that wants to know.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Chang Yai » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:51 am

I think the sick water buffalo is a punter cliche. I've been going to LOS to train since the mid 90's--I've had a lot of LBFM's and never got hit up for that. Yeah, their poor..I'm not, so I help her out. Call me Sally fucking Struthers. She's hot (my girl- not Sally), I don't deserve her,and if she spoke better english, she would know what a douchebag I am. Thankfully, I speak Thai and Issan and can convey a lot through grunting and pointing like a caveman.

Thailands a great place, and if you leave the titty bars and go to the country, you'll realize the women aren't all whores. If you fish in the sewer, you'll catch a lot of shit my friend. Country girls are fucking gorgeous, sweet, and have no idea what their market value is.
So sick buffalo? Negative
scooter, monthly stipend, insulin for sick father (instead of buffalo)? Affirmative

sorry we got off on the wrong foot. You reminded me of a guy I was in the Navy with, who i really wanted to punch but he ended up not being a total cunt.

From a fellow fuckstick, I extend you the olive branch
Chang Yai

Postby rickshaw92 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:59 am

sorry we got off on the wrong foot.

We did not, I was just fuckin with ya, we do that to newbies around here, The BFC is our little retarded part of the interwab and we like to see what we are getting. I think you will fit in just fine.

From a fellow fuckstick, I extend you the olive branch

Should I ever be in the Kingdom at the same time as you I will extend you a Chiang.

I've been going to LOS to train since the mid 90's

Where abouts?
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Chang Yai » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:17 am

For Muay Thai: Fairtex, Kaewsamrit, Sasiprapa, SKV, Sor Vorapin, and some private training.
For Lerdrit (Thai military hand to hand): with some cats I know who are/were Thai Army Rangers.

Kaewsamrit was my favorite. Annuwat is a great fighter, humble guy, and good teacher. Sor Voripin and Fairtex are too touristy. Baan Muay Thai (Sangtien Noi's gym) is up next. He does seminars at our gym in the USA.

It's all good man...gota go wire more money for them sick buffalos
Chang Yai

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe