Whos got the goods on Syria?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Whos got the goods on Syria?

Postby nowonmai » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:01 pm

Silver550 wrote:If you're still interested in the Syria question, rickshaw, I went there last month and it was great. I had no visa beforehand and just showed up at the border (fully expecting to get rejected) but, it was extremely easy to get in. I spent several days in Damascus before heading out into the countryside. Damascus is a beautiful city, but even better now is the fact that I didn't see a single tourist the whole time I was there. Also, due to the absence of tourists, everything is much cheaper. I paid about 20% of the normal price for my hotel in Damascus and I probably could have gotten the guy lower since I was the only one there, but I felt sorry for him. This is the BFC and so I don't know if you wish to avoid the "bang bang" or not, but if you wish to, it is easy to avoid. Anyway, the bottom line, is that I would wholeheartedly endorse a visit at this time.

yeah the hotels in Hama are dirt cheap, just try not to trip over the corpses. Next stop Zimbabwe.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:05 pm

Cheers Silver. Good eatin in Zim.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby tiago » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:28 pm

i want to go to syria 2

i hope the syrian regime suffers the same fate ghaddafi experienced in libya

great potential for "lols"
fucking shit up
tiago

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe