Fuckin wops and there mafia tourist shit. Fuckin fuck.

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Fuckin wops and there mafia tourist shit. Fuckin fuck.

Postby rickshaw92 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:32 pm

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/artic ... iator-ring

Italian police don togas, capes to bust ‘gladiator’ ring
Published On Fri Aug 12 2011Email Print (6)
Rss
Article
Comments (6)

Italian police arrested gladiator impersonators in an undercover sting aimed at ending a violent racket operating. Police disguised as gladiators, dustbin men and members of the public raided the gang, accused of attacking and intimidating competitors for a lucrative business in which gladiators collect up to 10 euros ($14) for having their picture taken alongside tourists in front of attractions.
REX FEATURE LTD.
Associated Press

ROME—Undercover police have donned togas, capes and sandals to stop a turf battle among Italians who impersonate gladiators outside the Colosseum and other landmarks in Rome and make money by posing for camera carrying tourists.

The trade has been tolerated for years, but that was before about 20 of the practitioners began assaulting and intimidating their competitors to take over lucrative tourist spots such as the Colosseum, the Forum and the Vatican, officials and police said Friday.

So police decided to intervene disguised as gladiators, garbage collectors and tourists, but their operation at the ancient arena and the nearby Piazza Venezia wasn’t easy.

On Wednesday, police impersonating gladiators were attacked when they told competitors to leave the scene, but police dressed as garbage collectors and tourists came to their rescue.

The Rome newspaper Il Messaggero said one suspect demanded the money a woman tourist had paid for a photo of herself with a gladiator, but it turned out the pair in the photograph were both undercover officers.

Italian media carried photos or TV footage showing a handcuffed gladiator being taken away and a policeman pretending to be a tourist wrapping an arm around a gladiator’s neck.

None of the civilian gladiators were arrested while the probe continues.

Police estimate that about 30 such tradesmen are scattered around Rome’s top tourist attractions on a normal day, the majority around the Colosseum, where in the city’s ancient glory days real gladiators engaged in combat to the thrill of the masses.

In future, such crackdowns may be easier.

Antonio Gazzellone, the mayor’s point man for tourism, said there are no regulations controlling the activity of such gladiators but that parliament is considering a law that would allow police to quickly intervene in case of aggressive behaviour by the impersonators.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Re: Fuckin wops and there mafia tourist shit. Fuckin fuck.

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:46 am

What kind of nitwit would want their pic taken with such a stooge? Probably the same bozos that get their pic taken holding up the leaning tower of pisa and that crap
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby AztecDave » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:41 am

ReptilianKittenEater wrote:What kind of nitwit would want their pic taken with such a stooge? Probably the same bozos that get their pic taken holding up the leaning tower of pisa and that crap

the kind that travel with kids, dummy.
The real Army, composed entirely of young enthusiasts in camouflage uniforms, from whom impossible efforts would be demanded and to whom all sorts of tricks would be taught. That's the army in which I should like to fight.”
― Jean Lartéguy
AztecDave
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:36 pm

ReptilianKittenEater wrote:Probably the same bozos that get their pic taken holding up the leaning tower of pisa and that crap

Hey that WAS funny the second time, dammit!
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:56 pm

AztecDave wrote:
ReptilianKittenEater wrote:What kind of nitwit would want their pic taken with such a stooge? Probably the same bozos that get their pic taken holding up the leaning tower of pisa and that crap

the kind that travel with kids, dummy.

If they were the only ones it wouldn't be so sad.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:25 am

My kids don't stand next to men in leather skirts.

...plus Grandad is already a Centurion.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Osiris » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:47 pm

coldharvest wrote:My kids don't stand next to men in leather skirts.

Probably a wise policy.
The impossible I'll do immediately, the unimaginable will take some time. http://bigwilliesbooks.com/
Osiris
BFCus Regularus

Postby AztecDave » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:28 am

what about kilts? or rather, what's not under the kilt.
The real Army, composed entirely of young enthusiasts in camouflage uniforms, from whom impossible efforts would be demanded and to whom all sorts of tricks would be taught. That's the army in which I should like to fight.”
― Jean Lartéguy
AztecDave
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:03 pm

AztecDave wrote:what about kilts? or rather, what's not under the kilt.

even more so with ginger skirt wearers
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Return to Black Flag Cafe