Three days in Moscow

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Three days in Moscow

Postby Novimya » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:36 pm

I'm in Moscow for the next couple of days. Today I walked around the outside of the Kremlin. Tomorrow I want to get some outside pics because it's closed on Thursdays. Probably go through the State Museum, Lenin's Tomb, and St. Basil's. Any other ideas on things I need to see? I've sequestered myself in a fine hotel walking distance from the area. I went through Mao's Mausoleum (the Maosoloeum?). It looks like they put a light bulb in his head.
At least Alexander's Garden is more cheery than TianAnMen Square. That place is a good place to go to end up getting shot. I love that people were swimming in the pools next to the mall in front of the Kremlin. How cool is that?
I might have to visit the Starbucks too. I've hardly had a decent cup of coffee since I got off of the plane in Beijing at the end of April. Yeah, I know. You people are going to say how awful Starbucks is. After a month of tea and almost three more of instant coffee (which is actually getting better these days), I'm ready for something more familiar before I go back into the countryside. I had to say "Holy fucking shit, a Starbucks!" to myself when the name "Старбакс" finally registered.
But, yeah. What else do I need to see?
Novimya

Re: Three days in Moscow

Postby vagabond » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:30 am

Whatever parade they're having today for the establishment of the current Russia
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe