Hezbollah Land in Lebanon.

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Hezbollah Land in Lebanon.

Postby rickshaw92 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:17 pm

Anyone been? How cheesy is it and how much does it cost? Rides?
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Re: Hezbollah Land in Lebanon.

Postby jbwworld » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:48 pm

It is not really a theme park. It is called Hezbollah-land as a joke by the press. No rides. This is not Disney.

Here is their website: http://www.mleeta.com/eng/materials/landmark.html

Mleeta, or the Tourist Landmark of the Resistance, as they call it, is worth the trip! I went for the second time in March of this year. The admission cost is a few bucks. The first thing you will do is watch a 15 minute propaganda video and then an hour or so guided tour -- in Arabic. They will call in an English speaking guide, for free, if you give them a few days notice. We received a private tour at no additional cost.

I have a great driver in Lebanon. Feel free to PM me if you want his info. He is from the Baalbek region but now lives in Beirut. My buddy and I got the impression that he is a Hezbollah sympathizer, but didn't ask to confirm. The cost for a private driver from Beirut, roundtrip, is around $60-$80, including a few hours of waiting and lunch.

You will want 2-3 hours for Mletta. Some drivers have a hard time finding it, so it is best to go with someone who knows. Always ask for Mleeta or the Tourist Landmark of the Resistance.
jbwworld

Postby rickshaw92 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:39 pm

Cheers geezer.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby rickshaw92 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:24 pm

Went today and had a nice time. One of the best musemes I have been to. Pics in a few weeks.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby nowonmai » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:31 am

rickshaw92 wrote:Went today and had a nice time. One of the best musemes I have been to. Pics in a few weeks.

The white rabbit has flown the coop. I say again, the white rabbit has flown the coop. Your mission to get Nasrallah drunk and capture him in compromising pictures in a titty bar should proceed with best speed.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Silver550 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:57 am

This place is well worth a visit... I went in May with my wife and we both enjoyed it. One needs permission to visit large areas in the south of Lebanon, but the route to Hezbollah Land (as long as you come from the coast, which I found out the hard way) and Hezbollah Land itself is open. I don't remember what we paid in admission, but it was a trivial amount. Also, we're not big on guided tours, so we just went around on our own which is perfectly fine. But, yeah, give yourself a couple of hours because there is a lot to check out.

Pics and more information here:

http://thevelvetrocket.com/2011/06/14/v ... -landmark/
"All is as trite as it is transitory." - Marcus Aurelius

www.TheVelvetRocket.com
Silver550
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe