Piracy Law in Mombasa

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Piracy Law in Mombasa

Postby south_sea_bubble » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:27 pm

Where to begin. I visited many of the clients last week. I brought some baked goods for them for which they were grateful. The maximum security prison, Shim Lo Tewa, didn't look too run down and procedures seemed to be observed. Every hour there is a count of all the prisoners.
south_sea_bubble
BFCus Regularus

Re: Piracy Law in Mombasa

Postby rickshaw92 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:52 pm

I brought some baked goods for them for which they were grateful.

I don't know bout where to begin but I can tell ya where things should end!
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby deselby » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:28 pm

Ah, Shimo La Tewa on the Nairobi road, a wonderful place I've heard.

Can't these guys bribe their way out? I hear that Somali pirates are buying up downtown Mombasa. I wonder if any of my favorite colonial venues are still around, like the Castle Hotel on Kilindini Road.
deselby
BFCus Regularus

Postby qygorra » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:07 pm

Well, end of December Castle Hotel was still running, and overcrowded with sailors who just got to the port...!

Being French, I prefer the calm and quiet Thalassa for an evening meal, the Chef is just...brilliant !

Owner is the French Consulate representative for Mombasa, so if anyone needs good tips or advises overthere, you know where to ask...!

Tusker !
qygorra

Postby coldharvest » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:42 pm

qygorra wrote:Well, end of December Castle Hotel was still running, and overcrowded with sailors who just got to the port...!

Being French, I prefer the calm and quiet Thalassa for an evening meal, the Chef is just...brilliant !

Owner is the French Consulate representative for Mombasa, so if anyone needs good tips or advises overthere, you know where to ask...!

Tusker !

beautiful
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Return to Black Flag Cafe