Haven't been here in a coon's age

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Haven't been here in a coon's age

Postby APBT » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:36 am

I haven't traveled to foreign lands nor dangerous places, but I have been traveling around. Went in a easterly direction this June to visit where I grew up, Lake Superior region. Spent about a month there, then headed west where we packed up fishing gear, kayaks, guns, ammo and headed toward what I regard as home, Alaska. Got back in the 48 in late September. Right now I am on an Indian Reservation hunting birds, and wondering how 2012 will look upon myself and family. All in all we traveled 10,000 miles from June to September. BTY crossing the Canadian border with guns&ammo is EZ. I took 3000 rounds and two guns North & a different gun South. The only glitch going North was the 45ACP ammo. Border guard kept asking why that ammo & no gun for it. I kept telling same story over & over till he got tired of it and told me to pay my fee for the guns. He could not figure out that I had a 45 ACP style pistol in Alaska & a Smith 625 in the 48. Hahaha. Finally my wife told him I was a collector of weapons and that ended the dialogue.
both “fiction” and “journalism” are artificial categories...HST
APBT
BFCus Regularus

Re: Haven't been here in a coon's age

Postby rickshaw92 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:03 pm

Welcome back dude.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Douchebag » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:39 pm

With 3000 rounds you could have freed Canada.
What stopped you?
DickPaw, I am convinced that you'd be the omega male of Mantown, you golden shower taking, meat-gazing dandified bitch-boy.
Douchebag
BFCus Regularus

Postby JITW » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:23 pm

APBT wrote:Haven't been here in a coon's age.

Racist!

~JITW
DEATH VALLEY MAGAZINE
The Magazine for Professional Adventurers and Interesting People
http://www.deathvalleymag.com
JITW
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe