I am in Nice now

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

I am in Nice now

Postby Kurt » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:23 pm

What a pleasant little city.

For some reason all the women between the ages of 40 and 60 are very beautiful. Not like youthful beauty of course but a very cultivated one. They seem to find my clumsy french charming enough but not so much that I have to fend women of a certain age off with a stick.

It helps if you enjoy petting small terriers.

I recommend the swordfish.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: I am in Nice now

Postby Woodsman » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:00 pm

Kurt wrote:What a pleasant little city.

For some reason all the women between the ages of 40 and 60 are very beautiful. Not like youthful beauty of course but a very cultivated one. They seem to find my clumsy french charming enough but not so much that I have to fend women of a certain age off with a stick.

Swordfish is awesome and it's good to see you are enjoying yourself.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Douchebag » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:03 pm

Chasing grandma, eh? I guess we all reach that age when the only available wimmin are widows with wills.
DickPaw, I am convinced that you'd be the omega male of Mantown, you golden shower taking, meat-gazing dandified bitch-boy.
Douchebag
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:52 am

Douchebag wrote:Chasing grandma, eh? I guess we all reach that age when the only available wimmin are widows with wills.

Yes. I am chasing grandma. One of which was a whole year younger than me.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby rickshaw92 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:33 am

Woodsman wrote:
Kurt wrote:What a pleasant little city.

Swordfish is awesome and it's good to see you are enjoying yourself.

+1.

Will you be coming through London?
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby HockeyGuy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:57 am

Nothing wrong with French cougars...imo
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:45 pm

I have a hard time calling women who are my age "cougars" but yah, there is nothing wrong with them at all.

I did run into a few plastic surgery ones. Sun + plastic surgery makes for the most disgusting faces. It was like they were kicked out of Monaco and exiled to Nice.

I am in Corsica now and have been adopted by an impossibly fat woman who runs a cafe across from my hotel. She shovels extra food at me because I think I make her laugh with my garbled french.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby friendlyskies » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:10 am

Older French women have always fascinated me. That carefully calculated casual style, like they'd get laid today if they felt like it, by at least one of their four lovers as long as it's not his anniversary or something, but if some new handsome thing comes along that might be more delicious. Or maybe they'll just garden or something, while wearing designer underwear.

I once booked an Amazon tour that would have been $150 per day, unless I went with a large group - all of them French - for something like $27/day. Sure. I remember one particular hike, that nearly killed a few of the Belgians, to the top of some sacred mountain. We got up there, and these two tiny, sexy women, mid-50s, who wore full fucking makeup every goddamned day of the tour (almost all the women did!) just looked around, pulled out their cigarettes, and started chit chatting while the rest of the crew scraggled up.

I always think about them, so ridiculously glamorous under the kopok tree.
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby JITW » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:21 pm

Kurt wrote:women between the ages of 40 and 60 are very beautiful. .

Compared to a 20 year old gal with fake tits and the IQ of a goldfish - no 40 to 60 year old woman is beautiful

~JITW
DEATH VALLEY MAGAZINE
The Magazine for Professional Adventurers and Interesting People
http://www.deathvalleymag.com
JITW
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:46 pm

I had an older French woman call the Gendarmes on me. I was accused of stealing 3 coat hangers from a hotel in Paris.
How's this for charm?
Fuck the French.
Sri Lanky

Postby rickshaw92 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:45 pm

Sri Lanky wrote:Fuck the French.

I would if they were to bathe regularly.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Kurt » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:14 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:
Sri Lanky wrote:Fuck the French.

I would if they were to bathe regularly.

Well, there is that problem. public transportation can smell a bit "sweaty" there but I noticed that while in the UK I was on some trains that stunk of rotting teeth.

Not too shocking but still....

Also I am cursed with an excellent sense of smell. I mean really , really good. Since I live in NYC that is unfortunate, Just as the French smell of Armpits and the Brits smell of bad dental work, NYC smells of urine. Dog urine, bum urine, girl-who-cannot-wait-in-line-for-the-toilet urine, little kid urine (in my neighborhood they toilet train then in the street) and horse urine. Not to mention dog and bum feces....and I can smell each varient of them. I can smell the difference between fresh dog pee and thawed. Yep, I am a pee somalier and it sucks. In England I would be a tooth rot somalier and in France I would be an armpit somalier (*sniffff*..."Ahh...Jean Luc..How was your week in Breton?)
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Sri Lanky » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:37 pm

Well,I'm lucky in a sense,that my sense of smell is challenged...especially since I tend to leave shitstains ( mine or others) on sheets
in most places that I venture to.

Anyways,what's next? Corsica? Rome? On your way to Greece?
That would be considered a DP at this point.
Sri Lanky

Postby AztecDave » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:24 am

"What a pleasant little city."

So, Nice is nice?
The real Army, composed entirely of young enthusiasts in camouflage uniforms, from whom impossible efforts would be demanded and to whom all sorts of tricks would be taught. That's the army in which I should like to fight.”
― Jean Lartéguy
AztecDave
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:53 pm

AztecDave wrote:"What a pleasant little city."

So, Nice is nice?

I once passed out drunk on a train from Paris to Nice. Ended up in the mountains somewhere. Got a train to Nice the next day but again I passed out drunk and was awoken by the dudes that clean the train at some retarded hour of the morning. The train was parked in the middle of the yard and I had to walk over rails to get to the station. Couldn't find a place to cash a travellers cheque (this was in 94) nor could I find a place to stay so I ended up sleeping in a stair well by the train station. Other than that Nice was Nice. I walked up and down the sea side lookin for a river thinking the famous French Riviera was some kinda river where poncy Hollywood folk chilled. I thought riviera was the French word for river. I thought it was a nice enough place.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe