I am in Nice now

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: I am in Nice now

Postby Kurt » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:36 pm

Sri Lanky wrote:Well,I'm lucky in a sense,that my sense of smell is challenged...especially since I tend to leave shitstains ( mine or others) on sheets
in most places that I venture to.

Anyways,what's next? Corsica? Rome? On your way to Greece?
That would be considered a DP at this point.

Back home in NYC. I have a job interview to go to. But Corsica rocked. The food, and the pork especially was great. All the pigs live on Chestnuts and it is the best tasting bacon and sausages I have ever had in my life. Yes, the pork was so good I would recommend going to Corsica just to eat.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: I am in Nice now

Postby vagabond » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:34 am

Kurt wrote:
rickshaw92 wrote:
Sri Lanky wrote:Fuck the French.

I would if they were to bathe regularly.

Well, there is that problem. public transportation can smell a bit "sweaty" there but I noticed that while in the UK I was on some trains that stunk of rotting teeth.

Not too shocking but still....

Also I am cursed with an excellent sense of smell. I mean really , really good. Since I live in NYC that is unfortunate, Just as the French smell of Armpits and the Brits smell of bad dental work, NYC smells of urine. Dog urine, bum urine, girl-who-cannot-wait-in-line-for-the-toilet urine, little kid urine (in my neighborhood they toilet train then in the street) and horse urine. Not to mention dog and bum feces....and I can smell each varient of them. I can smell the difference between fresh dog pee and thawed. Yep, I am a pee somalier and it sucks. In England I would be a tooth rot somalier and in France I would be an armpit somalier (*sniffff*..."Ahh...Jean Luc..How was your week in Breton?)

I had the same experience in India but w/ feces, not urine. Elephant poop, human poop, etc

Re: Food in Corsica - Sounds like a plan. The Anthony Bourdain Sardinia episode had me drooling so would to a two-fer of both places and try and get fat on a trip for once.
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe