Colombia/Venezuela March 4-25

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Colombia/Venezuela March 4-25

Postby rdkll » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:41 pm

actually, PDVSA knows better than me:
http://www.pdvsa.com/lexico/menes/aguter.htm
rdkll
BFCus Regularus

Postby friendlyskies » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:54 pm

nowonmai wrote:$300 for 3 weeks snide subletting? In Atlanta?

My place is a studio but in a fun neighborhood..... it might be a good deal for someone, and $300 covers a lot of travel for me. But I'm not getting my hopes up, just tossing it out there.

rdkll wrote:actually, PDVSA knows better than me:
http://www.pdvsa.com/lexico/menes/aguter.htm

MAGICAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:44 am

friendlyskies wrote:
nowonmai wrote:$300 for 3 weeks snide subletting? In Atlanta?

My place is a studio but in a fun neighborhood..... it might be a good deal for someone, and $300 covers a lot of travel for me. But I'm not getting my hopes up, just tossing it out there.

MAGICAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Its worth going to check out the neat transit system.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:09 am

friendlyskies wrote:Canaima has some bitching falls

Hey, dammit, it's bitchen! Damn, first the sovereigns, now it's misspelling '70s slang.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:58 am

ktrout wrote:

Hey, dammit, it's bitchen! Damn, first the sovereigns, now it's misspelling '70s slang.

Clearly a Russian spy. Ask him how the Green Bay Packers got on since taking on Bart Starr as a quarterback last season. And how much Levi 501s cost.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:20 pm

nowonmai wrote:
ktrout wrote:

Clearly a Russian spy. Ask him how the Green Bay Packers got on since taking on Bart Starr as a quarterback last season. And how much Levi 501s cost.

Oh, jeeze. I can't even tell you who played in the last World Series. Or the Superbowl.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:00 am

ktrout wrote:
nowonmai wrote:
ktrout wrote:

Oh, jeeze. I can't even tell you who played in the last World Series. Or the Superbowl.

My God, you're one too.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:58 am

nowonmai wrote:My God, you're one too.

I just spent three months in Russia. Crossed it on a bicycle. I'm pretty sure that some of them thought I was a spy, but I only had a Kalashnikov pointed at me once.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby rdkll » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:52 am

"W" for wankers
rdkll
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:41 am

I hate seeing kids making gangsta signs.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:01 pm

If you decide on Trinidad check out the tar pits around Ferdinand ( or Fernando,I can't remember )...San Fernando,that's it.
Rural areas are beautiful especially the beaches ( of course ). I thought Port-au-Spain was a bit of a shithole but not nearly as bad as Kingston,Jamaica.
Sri Lanky

Postby vagabond » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:31 am

ktrout wrote:
nowonmai wrote:My God, you're one too.

I just spent three months in Russia. Crossed it on a bicycle. I'm pretty sure that some of them thought I was a spy, but I only had a Kalashnikov pointed at me once.

At least they're kind enough to ask you on your visa application. Or at least back when I went.

And friendly, jealous of the trip. Hoping to do the same myself (as I've been saying for 2-3 yrs now) soon. Have fun.
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby Silver550 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:25 am

That's a pretty awesome trip, friendly...

Caracas is a cool town and there are some solid day (or overnight) trips you can do around Caracas such as Colonia Tovar (a very German town in the middle of the jungle), Parque Nacional El Avila (park reached by cable car above Caracas - very good views), Puerto Colombia and Chuao (cool beach towns - Chuao is better) and the Henri Pittier National Park which is a nice dose of jungle and is near Puerto Colombia.

It's a bitch to get to Angel Falls and it can be kind of touristy, but there is no denying that they are impressive.

Bogota is cool to walk around for a day or so. Not that much within close proximity though, so you basically have to fly or take a long bus trip if you want to see much outside of Bogota. The two hotels we stayed in both had a check-out time of 4 pm which was pretty awesome. Not sure if that is a law or just the custom in Bogota...

I went to Trinidad & Tobago last year and was terribly unimpressed. If you go, try to go on the way there rather than the way back. If you go on the way back, you're going to be terribly disappointed because it just does not compare to the rest of your itinerary.
"All is as trite as it is transitory." - Marcus Aurelius

www.TheVelvetRocket.com
Silver550
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:15 pm

Yes,the only reason I ended up at Trinidad is due to the fact that I was having sexual relations with someone who had relatives there. I had a pretty good time but I can see that if you are alone and were looking for excitement than Trinidad is probably not the place to go...unless you have a thing for steel drums.
Sri Lanky

Postby nowonmai » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:42 pm

Sri Lanky wrote:Yes,the only reason I ended up at Trinidad is due to the fact that I was having sexual relations with someone who had relatives there. I had a pretty good time but I can see that if you are alone and were looking for excitement than Trinidad is probably not the place to go...unless you have a thing for steel drums.

Blimey, I didn't know Trevor McDonald swung both ways.

Afternote to add:

Atlanta - where they kill people for candy.

Slim Dunkin Murdered Over A Piece Of Candy?
23 December 2011 12:06
Slim Dunkin, the Waka Flocka Flame rapper who was murdered in Atlanta on Friday evening (December 16, 2011), was reportedly killed over a piece of candy. Homicide detective David Quinn believes a fight broke out over confectionaries sold inside the recording studio where the shooting took place.

In a play-by-play of the killing, Detective Quinn tells WSB-TV, "Someone came in and struck him and a fight insued. Now the information we're getting, and it's unconfirmed but, witnesses are saying that this whole thing started over a piece of candy". Witnesses say that after the dispute, the attacker left the recording studio to attain a gun, before returning to murder Slim. Quinn added, "Based on the evidence we have, whoever he was fighting with, secured a weapon and shot him" - it is assumed that "at least 20-30 people" were preparing for a photo shoot inside the studio at the time of the murder. He was shot around 5.30pm and quickly transported to the Grady Memorial Hospital in southeast Atlanta, where he was pronounced dead. At the time, police Maj. Keith Meadows told the Associated Press of the difficulty at determining what had happened, saying, "It seems everybody witnessed something very different.We're just trying to go back and make sense of everything".

A member of Waka Flocka Flame's Brick Squad crew, Slim Dunkin made his name with a series of appearances on Gucci Mane and FLOCK's mixtapes and albums.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe