Travel Discussion Board

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Travel Discussion Board

Postby Kurt » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:13 pm

OK I really unbanned Tiago this time. It did not stick the last time I did it.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby playboy » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:52 pm

tiago was killed in a bocce tournament

playboy

Postby kanderson8 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:57 pm

At least it will give us someone to talk about!
Simplicity is the ultimate in sophistication - da Vinci
kanderson8

Postby Kurt » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:05 pm

coldharvest wrote:The Travel Discussion board is NOT the place to display your non-travel related wit or to start a troll thread......you have the rest of the board for that.

recognise bitches, the swift harsh pimp-hand of Travel Discussion Purity will smack down furiously on ALL transgressors.

Read this warning again and consider it your guide on how to behave on the travel board.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Ultra Swain » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:07 am

I forget I am still a moderator on this forum at least. The tender mercy after being designated Starfleet red shirt during Sarah Palin's ejaculation onto the national scene. I cannot nor have ever wielded the banhammer, but I will moderate with extreme prejudice outbursts of non travel related douchebaggery appearing on this most sacred of forums. But most likely I will just be erasing spam and trying to not assert myself again in case I lose my hall monitor privileges here.
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby nowonmai » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:19 pm

Ultra Swain wrote:I forget I am still a moderator on this forum at least. The tender mercy after being designated Starfleet red shirt during Sarah Palin's ejaculation onto the national scene.

What was this again? I have vestigial memory of something. Did you go power crazy and end up having to be restrained?
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Dr. V » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:10 pm

Either way kanderson8 is going to have to do something about that avatar as its the same as AdventureDoc and AdventureDoc was here first.....

http://www.cafe.comebackalive.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4194
Dr. V
Academikus Seductresus

Postby Ultra Swain » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:42 am

nowonmai wrote:
Ultra Swain wrote:I forget I am still a moderator on this forum at least. The tender mercy after being designated Starfleet red shirt during Sarah Palin's ejaculation onto the national scene.

What was this again? I have vestigial memory of something. Did you go power crazy and end up having to be restrained?

In my heart of hearts I like to think I took one for the team. The internet forum equivalent of leading the forlorn hope assaulting the hordes of Sarah Palin posts and moving them into the gulag of the rants forum. But most likely Kurt was having to deal with too many moderators and him having to track down who did what when and to whom when someone PM'd him asking "where my did my post go?". Either way I was downsized, much to my relief after having to deal with Jumper's histrionics and Yorick's (RIP) unwanted epic pm's on moderation. Which I really should go back and read again, the irony might be a bit chilling.
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby nowonmai » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:19 pm

Given that Yorick is now brown bread I think for posterity's sake you should post them. Last message and all that; he'd have liked that and even if he doesn't he can't sue you. Worst he can do is haunt you by whispering long rambling and tangential points into your ear at night. Do it.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby friendlyskies » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:47 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:When do we get Penta back?

+1 nowonmai and flipflap have turned into boring old curmudgeons without their devoted foil. The time has come.

Oh.... travel. Lalalalalaaaaa just found out I'm going to France for freeeeeeeeeeeeeee and I've never been to France. Side trip to Spain to and I've never been to Spain. I hear they speak Mexican there. Burrrrrrito! Refffffrrrrrito! Not dangerous place but who fucking cares, they have frog's legs and snails and horsemeat to eat yuuuurrrrmmmmmmmmmmm.....
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby Ultra Swain » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:59 pm

I totally read that as "they spew mexican there" but instead of flying into a rage I laughed then cries at the plight of poor Mexican children.

Btw someone sent some fois gras as a grand opening gift for the bar. I had never had it before. When in France order the most painfully killed goose liver you can find. Just don't tell anyone back home.
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby friendlyskies » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:52 pm

Ultra Swain wrote:Btw someone sent some fois gras as a grand opening gift for the bar. I had never had it before. When in France order the most painfully killed goose liver you can find. Just don't tell anyone back home.

While I'm there, I'll be meeting my mom at her best friend's house, in some wine-growing area in Southern France. For my birthday. Apparently they are taking me to a restaurant famous for its - I shit you not - humanely made fois gras. (Moar liek fois gross, amirite?) WTF, do they get the geese drunk before they ram those contraptions down their throats or something? Who fucking knows. Not really my cup of tea, but my mom did give birth to me and hopefully there will be other overpriced, beautifully prepared dishes the size of thumbtacks to enjoy, so I'm going to do it and love it. Still, French food has always seemed a little bit overrated to me - it's great, sure, but compared to well prepared Peruvian or Vietnamese cuisine? Not even close, and it costs ten times as much. Maybe it'll be different in the motherland. Fois gras, who even came up with that? Oh well. As long as truffles are involved it's all good.

When are they un-banning Penta, anyway? Will it ever happen?

friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby rickshaw92 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:03 pm

I an afraid not. Will you be getting to London on this trip?
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby friendlyskies » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:08 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:

Noooo..... my mom has always wanted to go to Spain, so I'm going to fly into/out of Madrid so I can take her to Barthelona and a couple of other places, then ship her back to her friend's house in France. I've never been to Spain either, though, the only thing I've got going for me is that I speak the language. I really need to make this fabulous for her and I'm a leetle nervous.

friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby rickshaw92 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:04 pm

friendlyskies wrote:
rickshaw92 wrote:

Noooo..... my mom has always wanted to go to Spain, so I'm going to fly into/out of Madrid so I can take her to Barthelona and a couple of other places, then ship her back to her friend's house in France. I've never been to Spain either, though, the only thing I've got going for me is that I speak the language. I really need to make this fabulous for her and I'm a leetle nervous.

Bitchen hash and art museums in Spain. Enjoy dear.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe