Cameroon crossing into CAR

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Cameroon crossing into CAR

Postby sonnydae » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:31 pm

I'm interested in crossing into CAR by way of Cameroon. I'd like to go the more southerly route through Kenzou/Gamboula, but I can't find shite for information on it. How long (and how much) does it take to get from Yaounde to that border spot, beginning of the rainy season? How long from the border to Dzanga-Sangha Nat'l Park? Also, any info on Boumba Bek Nat'l Park in Cameroon would be great (I'm interested in the gorillas in both parks) along with any stories about crossing into Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, or Congo. Lastly my dear BFCers, anyone hike Mt. Cameroon? Cost and details also appreciated. Please don't vomit guidebook or wikipedia blurbs at me. Thanks.
sonnydae

Re: Cameroon crossing into CAR

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:34 pm

ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Re: Cameroon crossing into CAR

Postby sonnydae » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:22 am

Thanks, RKE. I saw that thread when I searched. It's a pretty well written story and sounded like fun. Still, I'm only getting "bribes at the border" general statements and no details. That tip about the UN Security Advisor was pretty good though...
sonnydae

Return to Black Flag Cafe