dangerous roads

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

dangerous roads

Postby erwin » Thu May 24, 2012 7:25 am

there should be more warnings. maybe something for DP6 ?
oh , and the food can be disgusting too .

the second time pulled into a petrol station where they got some 'disgusting' food.

Three gap year friends killed after Thai coach did U-turn on six-lane highway as their devastated mother calls on Foreign Office to give better warnings on country's dangerous roads

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... untry.html
erwin
BFCus Regularus

Re: dangerous roads

Postby Sri Lanky » Fri May 25, 2012 2:36 am

Did that road from BKK to Mae Sariang and what actually kills you is the deadly medley of Thai music. I wanted to put a gun in my mouth.
Sri Lanky

Postby crotalus01 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:39 am

Its not the roads that are dangerous in Thailand, its the damn drivers. I was in a minibus headed from Aranyaprathet on the Cambodian border back to Bangkok - the drivers apparently get paid by the number of trips they can do back and forth in a day. This asshole was driving so crazy the poor british chick sitting in front of me had to take some valium and refused to look out the windows, she was so scared. He was passing multiple cars on blind curves on a two lane highway, speeding his ass off, tailgating etc...
Remember, Salad is NOT food. Salad is what food EATS...
crotalus01
Professional Skydiver

Postby pritchard » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:58 pm

I did the Tizi n Test pass in Morocco and the Atlantic Route across the Sahara when they cancelled the Paris-Dakar in 2003. Both had their moments - a French man I was with wandered 100m into a minefield to have a poop and a bus ahead of us crashed.
"A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children."
- John James Audubon
pritchard
Snow Ninja

Postby stealth1 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:00 pm

crotalus01 wrote:Its not the roads that are dangerous in Thailand, its the damn drivers. I was in a minibus headed from Aranyaprathet on the Cambodian border back to Bangkok - the drivers apparently get paid by the number of trips they can do back and forth in a day. This asshole was driving so crazy the poor british chick sitting in front of me had to take some valium and refused to look out the windows, she was so scared. He was passing multiple cars on blind curves on a two lane highway, speeding his ass off, tailgating etc...

What do you expect when you get guys from the village who are used to driving buffalo's and end up behind a taxi, bus, minibus or 18-wheeler? I've been here a long time and I only go on the roads, any road, unless it's absolutely necessary. Chinese drivers are even worse. They just beep the horn and hope everyone moves out of their way.
stealth1

Return to Black Flag Cafe