been in deep socially with spooky folks now ...

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

been in deep socially with spooky folks now ...

Postby tastyginger » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:08 pm

so..wondering...what it would take (how little) for a person to be targeted by
the powers that deem themselves so..like Mossad etc...to follow you...be curious about you...

so you have drank with spooky types, wandered thru dangerous liaisons, heard some things maybe you shouldn't 'ave..been
asked by diplomats to provide intel whenever possible, even though ..you don't actually work for them or any gov agency bla bla bla..
but that is just you....the 'adventurer'....

suddenly...you find yourself...the centre of attention...mostly unwanted...seemed funny at first, now, not so much....

wondering...just how easy is it for a civillian to become a 'target' of interest for other spooky types...???
tastyginger

Re: been in deep socially with spooky folks now ...

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:28 am

This particular board is about where to stay in Daytona Beach or where to buy a nice roll of fabric in Kathmandu.

I think Ronbo would be the best one to answer this here but it may be as easy as making threats on the I-net.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:04 am

No it's a valid question here. My latest jaunt thru Bangkok included getting photographed either by an actual cop or someone posing as one and I have no clue as to why. I was there for a good time and that was all. The only thing I can think of is that I overheard a conversation close by in a bar that included the word "biker". So I am thinking that someone was not comfortable with me there and came to the conclusion that I was "something". No matter,I have nothing to hide and in fact am a "nothing". But it doesn't take much. You just have to look at someone the wrong way.
Sri Lanky

Postby Ultra Swain » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:40 pm

tastyginger wrote:so..wondering...what it would take (how little) for a person to be targeted by
the powers that deem themselves so..like Mossad etc...to follow you...be curious about you...

so you have drank with spooky types, wandered thru dangerous liaisons, heard some things maybe you shouldn't 'ave..been
asked by diplomats to provide intel whenever possible, even though ..you don't actually work for them or any gov agency bla bla bla..

suddenly...you find yourself...the centre of attention...mostly unwanted...seemed funny at first, now, not so much....

wondering...just how easy is it for a civillian to become a 'target' of interest for other spooky types...???

It would take a lot actually, now hurry along before you elephant safari leaves.
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby Ultra Swain » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:58 pm

Sri Lanky wrote:No it's a valid question here. My latest jaunt thru Bangkok included getting photographed either by an actual cop or someone posing as one and I have no clue as to why. I was there for a good time and that was all. The only thing I can think of is that I overheard a conversation close by in a bar that included the word "biker". So I am thinking that someone was not comfortable with me there and came to the conclusion that I was "something". No matter,I have nothing to hide and in fact am a "nothing". But it doesn't take much. You just have to look at someone the wrong way.

Dude, you seriously over rate Thai intelligence.
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby coldharvest » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:25 am

tastyginger wrote:so..wondering...what it would take (how little) for a person to be targeted by

it's very easy...very very fuckin' easy
be careful they don't find some nasty in your life and use it to get you to do some Wyle Coyote type shit.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Sri Lanky » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:37 pm

"over rate Thai intelligence"

I hope so...but why would it necessarily be Thai? The cop had a helmet and shades...could have been anything.

I simply don't understand why a cop(or poser) on a motorbike took a picture and then blasted away. He deliberately waited for me to turn towards him. I gave a pretty harsh look because it pissed me off. I've experienced this shit at home at one point in my life and I don't like it.

Who does?

Is everybody being watched?

Back home some years ago I was looking after someone who had a contract on their ass. As it turned out I was taken care of by the cops (and still am) because I'm one of the "good" guys. But I imagine this pissed the hell out of some other people. Tough shit. So this doesn't frighten me it pisses me off.
Sri Lanky

Postby Sri Lanky » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:51 pm

Soooooo....tastyginger. What do you have to say for yourself now? Hmmmm?
Sri Lanky

Postby Osiris » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:15 am

Just call in a bomb threat on a place packed with people from your home phone and use your full name. I'm sure you'll have officials knocking on your door in minutes. In the name of science you should try it out and see if that's all it takes?
The impossible I'll do immediately, the unimaginable will take some time. http://bigwilliesbooks.com/
Osiris
BFCus Regularus

Postby Fenrisco » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:29 pm

I acquire adherents now and then. I'm a foreign guy with no visible means of support who talks to important people so it's understandable. Mostly they're not too bothered about being noticed (like avoiding paying for parking by flashing ID; a bit of a giveaway). Not sure what they're up to but it's probably just CYA routine. Given that my interests are entirely aligned with the country's I don't sweat it. They figure out they're wasting their budget soon enough.
"Do What Keepeth Thou from Wilting Shall Be the Loophole of The Law"
Fenrisco
BFCus Regularus

Postby Fansy » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:22 am

do they ever ask about your dick tracy hat and whether they can take a big shit on it. because it would look a lot better that way plus you would be getting lots of free shit from the government.

and miami vice called they said you changed your old gayest picture ever to a new gayest picture ever. congratulations. they said.
"...we support members' rights to privacy."
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Fenrisco » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:12 pm

You're very attentive all of a sudden.
Fenrisco
BFCus Regularus

no player hatin' here

Postby el3so » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:29 pm

foreign guy with no visible means of support who talks to important people
+ get up in the new avatar

Admit it Fenrisco, you be pimping.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Fenrisco » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:56 pm

el3so wrote:Admit it Fenrisco, you be pimping.

I wish. But yeah, not too far from it. Having a product the investor can fuck must be so much easier.
Fenrisco
BFCus Regularus

Postby Fenrisco » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:15 pm

Fansy wrote:dick tracy

And incidentally, I hate to be forced to revisit a fellow's observational faux pas especially when he's being so charmingly effervescent but that's a Panama (straw) not a fedora (felt) "like wot Dick Tracy's got". A white felt fedora would be gauche in the extreme whereas a half-decent Panama is a tropical necessity, as any fule kno.
Fenrisco
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe