Thoughts on Argentina

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Thoughts on Argentina

Postby vagabond » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:24 pm

I know it's not a DP per se but made a drunken deal w/ a friend that might see me in BsAs and Argentina within the next 6 months. Brief thoughts would be: enjoying Buenos Aires, getting out to the Andes for some hiking and wine, and given the time of year, heading to Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego. Anyone else have some thoughts on things to do / not do? The flights seems not so pricey but a bit long but think travel there would suit my typical budget level.

V
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Re: Thoughts on Argentina

Postby rickshaw92 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:59 pm

I spent a month there but that was 7 years ago. I had a blast. BsAs Salta and Cordoba are way cool places to chill. The steaks are good and the beer is palatable.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby vagabond » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:32 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:The steaks are good and the beer is palatable.

Pretty much all I need to know
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:45 am

SA is easy to fly to, none of that 2 days of flying shit when flying to Asia. Some TT people figure BA to be a bit dodgy but then they'd get themselves mugged in Norway. Let me know if you bag Aconcagua at a cheap price.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby vagabond » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:23 pm

ReptilianKittenEater wrote:SA is easy to fly to, none of that 2 days of flying shit when flying to Asia. Some TT people figure BA to be a bit dodgy but then they'd get themselves mugged in Norway.

Looks like it still might be a 16 - 20 hr flight from LA which is about the same as some parts of Asia.

ReptilianKittenEater wrote:Let me know if you bag Aconcagua at a cheap price.

I leave that stuff up to m-a.

I'll photoshop myself on top if you want. Great thing about big mountains is that they all look the same from the top and you have to gear up so much that you're hardly recognizable. I could easily pass this off as me on Aconcagua already. I'm the one on the left (and completely lying to you):

vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:35 pm

vagabond wrote: Great thing about big mountains is that they all look the same from the top

Respectfully I have to disagree with you on that one.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby vagabond » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:12 am

ReptilianKittenEater wrote:
vagabond wrote: Great thing about big mountains is that they all look the same from the top

Respectfully I have to disagree with you on that one.

I'm sure you're right on that count, I was more thinking the random photos I googled of people on top. Of course, the views are different, but a bit of rock and snow and you can claim to be anywhere when bragging at a bar. I would assume it's the getting to the top that makes the best story, not the photo afterward.

vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe