Paris or the Netherlands?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Paris or the Netherlands?

Postby Novimya » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:40 pm

Going to Europe again soon. Flying into western Germany. Trying to decide between the Netherlands/Amsterdam and Paris. Haven't been to Paris, but I really loved the Netherlands.
Can anyone help me make up my mind?
Novimya

Re: Paris or the Netherlands?

Postby nowonmai » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:26 am

Toss a coin
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:39 am

Paris is nice but full of French people.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Novimya » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:48 am

rickshaw92 wrote:Paris is nice but full of French people.

LOL. I suspected you could add some color to the conversation. I didn't quite get enough depth when I was in Amsterdam. Spent too much time getting stoned.
Novimya

Postby rickshaw92 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:40 am

But really though, go for Paris. The people might smell a bit and they talk funny but it is a wonderful city with way cool art gallerys and architecture. The food is good too. Amsterdam is to full of douchbags.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

city of light vs red light district

Postby el3so » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:04 pm

Everyone in Amsterdam speaks English, it's a quaint city but yes, it does keep getting cleaner every year, only the amount of young foreigners visiting and not staying off the lawn seems to stay the same.

Paris is expensive and it's in France. Other than that, it is amazing indeed for whatever strikes one's fancy.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby friendlyskies » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:45 pm

Didn't they change the rules so foreigners can't buy weed in Amsterdam? Why bother, I mean, it's a nice town but what are you going to do other than smoke weed? Go for a canal ride and visit the Anne Frank Museum? I guess there's still bars and prostitution, which is nice.

But, yeah, Paris is better overall. I wasn't that into it but the architecture is outrageous and it's a lot more interesting than Amsterdam. I mean, the Louvre was more interesting than Amsterdam. It would have been better stoned, but you can't have everything. It's pretty much Disney, though. They both are. I'd go for Berlin instead, it was cooler.
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

green

Postby el3so » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:19 pm

friendlyskies wrote:Didn't they change the rules so foreigners can't buy weed in Amsterdam?

Nope. 2013 came and implementing the legislation is now up to municipal governments. Who knows what the future holds.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby ktrout » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:16 am

I was wondering about that. It seems as if Amsterdam would lose out on a lot of tourist dollars if they shut down the coffee shops.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:44 am

Fuck Amsterdam. Way better dope scene in Copenhagen.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby flipflop » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:50 pm

"Hey I visited Ireland once as a school kid, at least I think it was Ireland? It was definitely either Ireland or Amsterdam, I'm not sure which"

This was actually spoken to me by a college student in a bar on Long Beach Island, NJ, one summer in 1997. The stupid fucking septic cunt lol

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby nowonmai » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:30 pm

flipflop wrote:"Hey I visited Ireland once as a school kid, at least I think it was Ireland? It was definitely either Ireland or Amsterdam, I'm not sure which"

This was actually spoken to me by a college student in a bar on Long Beach Island, NJ, one summer in 1997. The stupid fucking septic cunt lol

Cheers

To be fair I had a couple of summers like that.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:57 am

I ran shaw in Dublin in 97. Had a great time.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:45 am

rickshaw92 wrote:I ran shaw in Dublin in 97. Had a great time.

Did you ever run into 2F in a bar in Long Island?
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:53 am

Im not allowed in America.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe