Japan, Russia, Mongolia, China

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Japan, Russia, Mongolia, China

Postby Hunter » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:00 pm

It's been too long since I've jumped around over other peoples lands, so in a few months I'm heading off to Japan. I be there for a month with my wife so we're playing it safe. Been meaning to check out Hashima Island for some time now and they've opened up tours there (farely short, controlled and crappy aparently, but it's a start)

After a month wifey flies back to Aussieland and I jump on a 48 hour boat to return to Vladisvotok where i'll Transib it to Ulan-Ude, then bus to Ulaanbaatar, then train to Beijing. (This chapter will be a short 16 days)

It's nothing like what I did in 09 but it's been so long since I've been a dirty traveller I can't wait.

If any of you BFCer's are along that pathway or have any suggestions (not including Japan) for that 'different traveller' stuff with a hint of danger and a sprinkle of fun let me know.
Hunter

Re: Japan, Russia, Mongolia, China

Postby Osiris » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:40 pm

Be ready for Beijing to fuck your lungs up. Maybe 1/10 days I spent there last year was the sun able to punch through the perpetual layer of smog hanging over the city.
The impossible I'll do immediately, the unimaginable will take some time. http://bigwilliesbooks.com/
Osiris
BFCus Regularus

Re: Japan, Russia, Mongolia, China

Postby Hunter » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:44 am

Yeah I was just reading up on the air over there. Might have to dress up and go all out Chernobyl style
Hunter

Return to Black Flag Cafe