password won`t work

No registration needed to post here.

Moderators: coldharvest, Ultra Swain

password won`t work

Postby 2468 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:32 pm

hi,this is Sri Lanky.

password won`t work.

why
2468
 

Re: password won`t work

Postby Sri Lanky » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:25 pm

Problem solved. Thanx Kurt.

Had to morph into Stubby in the meantime.
Sri Lanky
 

Re: password won`t work

Postby Surly McClueless » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:58 am

Not working for me either. (Lunatock)
Surly McClueless
 

Re: password won`t work

Postby Kurt » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:18 pm

You have these options:

1. type your password in again but pretend you are not a complete spazmo.

2. stop typing with your cock.

3. Reset your password assuming you did not think you were being clever ages ago by using a fake e-mail address.

4. Failing all that, post here again and I will make modifications to your account, like ad an e-mail address that works or set your password to some kind of default for you to change later.

We have these problems because spammers are attacking our board by trying to take over legit accounts and sometimes too many log in attempts means a constant failure for a day or two.

RYP and I have brought this up with the sysadmins here and they responded by mailing tins of excrement to our elderly relatives.
And from thence they went to Beer....(Num 21:16)
English Bespoke Tailor New York City
Internet research and investigation
User avatar
Kurt
In Manus Manus
 
Posts: 19624
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:29 am
Location: New York City

Re: password won`t work

Postby Asshat formerly known as Surly McClueless » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:14 pm

No such luck. I drank too much coffee and thus couldn't hold my dick still to type with it. That or asking to resend the activation e-mail got me a message saying my profile has already been activated.
Asshat formerly known as Surly McClueless
 

Re: password won`t work

Postby Kurt » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:49 am

Is your e-mail the same in your profile?
And from thence they went to Beer....(Num 21:16)
English Bespoke Tailor New York City
Internet research and investigation
User avatar
Kurt
In Manus Manus
 
Posts: 19624
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:29 am
Location: New York City

Re: password won`t work

Postby Mud Butt » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:06 am

Yes it is.
Mud Butt
 

Re: password won`t work

Postby Kurt » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:56 pm

Then attempt to log in. click on forgot your password and get one sent to you to re-activate it. Did you try that already? What failed? Your account is active so you do not need to reactivate it but this board has a feature to mail you a new password if you have forgotten yours, but I do not get or not if that has worked.

Try it. Poke around with stuff. Poking around and trying variations of the same thing with always get results. Then post about it in detail here so I can see if there is a bigger problem here with the board.
And from thence they went to Beer....(Num 21:16)
English Bespoke Tailor New York City
Internet research and investigation
User avatar
Kurt
In Manus Manus
 
Posts: 19624
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:29 am
Location: New York City

Re: password won`t work

Postby erwin » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:17 pm

Kurt wrote:Then attempt to log in. click on forgot your password and get one sent to you to re-activate it. Did you try that already? What failed? Your account is active so you do not need to reactivate it but this board has a feature to mail you a new password if you have forgotten yours, but I do not get or not if that has worked.

Try it. Poke around with stuff. Poking around and trying variations of the same thing with always get results. Then post about it in detail here so I can see if there is a bigger problem here with the board.



just had the same thing happen to me .
after trying to log in it told me also to many attemps.
it also gave me a box to retype some numbers and letters and presto , back again.
User avatar
erwin
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 631
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:43 pm
Location: holland

Re: password won`t work

Postby rickshaw92 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:42 am

I had similar problems when posting from Sudan, thought it was a 3rd world puter kinda thing.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
User avatar
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard
 
Posts: 8875
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:28 am
Location: Airport Inn trailer park

Re: password won`t work

Postby Kurt » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:50 pm

Interesting.

I think we are in dire need of a forum upgrade. The reason for the problems is hackers trying to get into accounts. RYP and I have had similar problems and posters who registered closer to the beginning are more likely to have their accounts targeted.
And from thence they went to Beer....(Num 21:16)
English Bespoke Tailor New York City
Internet research and investigation
User avatar
Kurt
In Manus Manus
 
Posts: 19624
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:29 am
Location: New York City

Re: password won`t work

Postby redharen » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:33 pm

erwin wrote:
Kurt wrote:Then attempt to log in. click on forgot your password and get one sent to you to re-activate it. Did you try that already? What failed? Your account is active so you do not need to reactivate it but this board has a feature to mail you a new password if you have forgotten yours, but I do not get or not if that has worked.

Try it. Poke around with stuff. Poking around and trying variations of the same thing with always get results. Then post about it in detail here so I can see if there is a bigger problem here with the board.



just had the same thing happen to me .
after trying to log in it told me also to many attemps.
it also gave me a box to retype some numbers and letters and presto , back again.


The exact same thing just happened to me too.
User avatar
redharen
small ax
 
Posts: 2653
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:22 am
Location: Jerusalem

Re: password won`t work

Postby Kurt » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:38 pm

I heard we are going to be switching servers and then doing the upgrade. Switching servers is a process that cannot be rushed and needs testing and stuff so it might be a while for these problems to vanish.

post here still if you have problems but I was told that people are working on this issue.
And from thence they went to Beer....(Num 21:16)
English Bespoke Tailor New York City
Internet research and investigation
User avatar
Kurt
In Manus Manus
 
Posts: 19624
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:29 am
Location: New York City

Re: password won`t work

Postby ultraconfusedswain » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:51 am

Same problem here, and that fucking confirmation code is fucking unreadable.
ultraconfusedswain
 

Re: password won`t work

Postby Kurt » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:25 pm

ultraconfusedswain wrote:Same problem here, and that fucking confirmation code is fucking unreadable.


I had the same problem. I am going to make the code more readable.
And from thence they went to Beer....(Num 21:16)
English Bespoke Tailor New York City
Internet research and investigation
User avatar
Kurt
In Manus Manus
 
Posts: 19624
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:29 am
Location: New York City

Next

Return to Testing & Login Problems

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest