Chat working?

No registration needed to post here.

Moderators: coldharvest, Ultra Swain

Chat working?

Postby lmetrucking » Thu May 19, 2011 12:32 am

Is chat currently working? It has failed to load for me the three times I tried it.
At least that Cleric is not obsessed with cocks and things that might be thought of as cocks by a cock obsessed person.- Kurt
lmetrucking
BFCus Regularus

Re: Chat working?

Postby Kurt » Thu May 19, 2011 10:20 pm

It works for me in Firefox on both Linux and Windows but does not work in IE 7.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby lmetrucking » Fri May 20, 2011 12:32 am

OK, I'll try firefox., Thanks.
At least that Cleric is not obsessed with cocks and things that might be thought of as cocks by a cock obsessed person.- Kurt
lmetrucking
BFCus Regularus

Postby lmetrucking » Fri May 20, 2011 12:37 am

Thanks Kurt, browser was the problem.
lmetrucking
BFCus Regularus

Postby Penta's ghost » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:50 pm

I still can't get onto chat. But there've been some odd consequences of my posts in the other thread, now deleted and the thread locked. I gave vlindsay 4 months to calm down and realise how she had been manipulated to act foolishly and unjustly and to make amends. But I'm not going away and staying silent any longer. She can and I expect will delete this and find another ISP to shut off, but i'll keep coming back, so she's making work for herself to no positive purpose.

So, V, this ban, for which you can adduce no justification, was originally temporary, then made permanent (still for no reason); after a few months you told me it would end on 30 September, then you extended that for over a year to 30 December next year, and now you tell me it's until 9 November this year, but I expect when we reach that date I'll still be banned, as before..

I can think of 3 reasons for such bizarre behaviour:

1. You can't manage properly the technical requirements of banning someone, which would indicate you're incompetent as well as behaving capriciously and irrationally as chief moderator.

2. You are torn between the conflicting demands of behaving honestly and fairly, on the one hand, and demonstrating your loyalty above all else to the person who persuaded you to ban me, for his own purposes and without my giving you any cause whatsoever, on the other. In this case your ethical duty is to be honest and fair in your role as moderator, and if you can't bring yourself to go against the wishes of the interested person, then to resign your position at once.

3. You are a living version of the female exemplar in my favourite YouTube clip, Harry Enfield's "Women know your place" - too much education has scrambled your brain, making you "frantically and absurdly deranged". ;)

See from about 1.20:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=women+ ... ent=safari

Either way, you should either resign or reverse your poor decisions. It's quite easy, you know. All you have to do to resolve whatever difficulty you're labouring under is to lift the ban, or just remove the exclusion from chat, which is all I've asked. You'll feel great, hugely relieved that you've done the right thing after all this time. There'll be no consequences as far as I'm concerned, as you know, though an apology when someone has done you wrong is always welcome. And if the other person makes a fuss, then you can have the satisfaction of standing up to him for once, showing you're your own woman, strong and independent, and not his creature, to be controlled and moulded to his will. A rather more healthy foundation to any human relationship, of whatever nature, as I'm sure you'll agree. Just be brave: say enough's enough: it wasn't right and I'm not going along with it any longer.
Penta's ghost

Postby JITW » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:55 pm

Be gone Whore Cunt!

-JITW
DEATH VALLEY MAGAZINE
The Magazine for Professional Adventurers and Interesting People
http://www.deathvalleymag.com
JITW
BFCus Regularus

Postby P's ghost » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:00 pm

Why?

You could, in theory, be banned for that, you know. It's abusive and sexually oriented material - just what V claimed was the reason she banned me. Ironic, dontcha think?
P's ghost

Postby Penta's ghost » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:22 pm

Not that I had posted any such material, of course, and vlindsay hasn't been able to provide a single example of my doing so. But she hasn't banned anyone who has done or even made a habit of it, as far as I know, except Jaeger, for a token 2 months, as a cover for banning me. So much for freedom of speech for all, or equal application of restrictions on it. I expect they thought it was a hilarious joke to use that as the pretext. It made me laugh out loud when she told me, but I'm finding the joke has worn rather thin after so long.

The Harry Enfield sketch is called 'Women know your limits', not 'place'.
Penta's ghost

Postby nowonmai » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:21 pm

What's the matter, talking at 3 people on Polosbastards not enough for you?
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:39 pm

The parole board denies your petition.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Return to Testing & Login Problems