flip's flicks

A forum to place the images of heathen souls that you have captured.

Re: flip's flicks

Postby flipflop » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:11 pm

Sunset off Ko Phangan, South China Sea, Thailand, 18th January 2007

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby shivers » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:42 pm

flipflop wrote:Sunset off Ko Phangan, South China Sea, Thailand, 18th January 2007

Stunning.
We are miserable sinners,
Filthy fuckers,
Arseholes!
shivers
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:26 am

Sunset off Ko Phangan, South China Sea, Thailand, 18th January 2007

It just isn't working. I'm not jealous.

Love the sun, this is how I imagine an old earth with a dying sun. By that time, after the 18th World War the Irish space programme will have saved humanity by sending a colony into space, Mars will be under tarmac and a nasty civil war will have broken out on Venus over the question of whether Seamus Murphy's (Capt Murphy is the Holy Astronaut who captained the Tipperary into space on their desperate one way mission in AD 2643, which finally got out of earth's orbit in AD 2644 after a scuffle broke out in the onboard bar after take-off) mother, Clodagh, is also a deity or not. the only people left on earth are two mobile phone salesmen and an aussie barman. The economy remains vibrant.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby swagnit » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:51 pm

shivers wrote:
flipflop wrote:Sunset off Ko Phangan, South China Sea, Thailand, 18th January 2007

Stunning.

Gotta agree there shivers.

Flipflop has posted a fair old number of stunning sunset photos, yet they are all so different.
And the rest of the shots have been shit-hot as well.

Please em coming Flipflop.
It's a great thread to check in on.

BTW
Get nowonmai to caption them and you'd have a great greating card business. ;)
It'd sure beat the normal soppy crap they pump out.

Cheers
Swagnit
swagnit
BFCus Regularus

Postby flipflop » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:32 pm

No worries mate, that would be one fooking funny greeting card business - nice touristy pictures with world-weary, can't-be-arsed-with-it captions to go with them.

We could call it not "Wish You Were Here Cards" but "I'm Here, You're Not, So What? Cards"

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby Ultra Swain » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:01 am

flipflop wrote:We could call it not "Wish You Were Here Cards" but "I'm Here, You're Not, So What? Cards"

Cheers

The weather is here, wish you were beautiful?
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby Caliban » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:19 am

nowonmai wrote:Nirvana is overrated. Valhalla is much better and far more likely for you.

flipflop wrote:I'll take it - only because there'll be no C+P cyber-warriors there, whereas I can't be sure in a state of Nirvana

Cheers

Yep, given the choice between sprinkling sand and jingling bells or crossing the Rainbow bridge into Bifrost, scramasax in hand... I know which one I want
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby flipflop » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:30 pm

Macchapuchre Base Camp (MBC) with the unclimbed peak Macchapuchre ("Fish Tail"), 8th November, 2005. The mountain is considered sacred, so climbers respectfully decline from scaling it.

Cheers
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby flipflop » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:48 am

An old mate sharing a laugh with two Iraqi Army officers, somewhere north of Baghdad, 6th June 2005

Cheers
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby flipflop » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:47 am

The view from the back of a rickshaw at a rainy Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal, 20th October 2005

Cheers
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby rickshaw92 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:20 pm

The view from the back of a rickshaw

Thank you for supporting my brothers in 3 wheeled transport. I really liked that little area of Kathmandu, lots of steaks and cold beer and a refreshing change from India.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby flipflop » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:36 pm

No worries mate, this little guy must have been 60kg soaking wet, yet peddled a big old lump like me and the little woman for a good few miles around town without a hint of discomfort, Nepali rickshaw drivers are top men.

Cheers
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby marie-angelique » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:00 pm

flipflop wrote:Macchapuchre Base Camp (MBC) with the unclimbed peak Macchapuchre ("Fish Tail"), 8th November, 2005. The mountain is considered sacred, so climbers respectfully decline from scaling it.
Cheers

totally gorgeous, photos like that make my heart go pitty pat. cool that climbers actually respect the locals wishes :)
"Give me control of your TV and I could have you sticking bullets in the backs of peoples heads within a month." nowonmai

"anything you say sounds dirty to me."
marie-angelique
Coonass

Postby nowonmai » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:47 pm

cool that climbers actually respect the locals wishes :)

Not cool. If you follow that logic then you should change your name to pocahontas.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby marie-angelique » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:49 pm

nowonmai wrote:Not cool. If you follow that logic then you should change your name to pocahontas.

how,

so when are you gonna climb it?
"Give me control of your TV and I could have you sticking bullets in the backs of peoples heads within a month." nowonmai

"anything you say sounds dirty to me."
marie-angelique
Coonass

PreviousNext

Return to Photographs, Etchings and Daguerreotypes