flip's flicks

A forum to place the images of heathen souls that you have captured.

Re: flip's flicks

Postby Aussie TJS » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:48 pm

flipflop wrote:Cool. I've a question for you. Did you travel by road between Shigatse and Lhasa? Or maybe the "Friendship Highway" from Kathmandu? When I travelled the former every little Tibetan hamlet was flying the Chinese red flag, apparently the locally planted Han Chinese apparatchik forces the locals to put these up for the benefit of people like you and me, propaganda. Go off the beaten track a few miles and the flags promptly disappear. Bastards.

I heard "cultural genocide" somewhere else myself, it's all yours mate

Cheers

Yeah travelled by bus from Kathmandu across the Friendship bridge on foot and then 4x4 to Lhatse, then Shigatse and then Lhasa. I did see plenty of red flags around but wasn't taking too much notice. The progaganda is obvious though. The Chinese way of thinking involves no challenging either - Challenging or putting down what the Chinese government does in conversation to anyone Chinese always makes a greatly interesting very short convo, it shows how sheltered they are brought up and how they are encouraged to not be politically open

Righto, cultural genocide it is
TJS
Happiness is only a reality when shared
The goal is to Survive or die for a cause - I'll let Jah choose which one
'A weapon in any country is a faster way to trouble than using your brain' - vagabond
Aussie TJS
BFCus Regularus

Postby flipflop » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:25 pm

It's politics of the hive, the ant colony, which is only the logical consequence of collectivism, only North Korea is further along the road to absurdity than Mother China. Tibetans just look bewildered.

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby flipflop » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:33 am

Sunrise on the south coast of Barbados, 5th December 2008

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby nowonmai » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:08 pm

flipflop wrote:Sunrise on the south coast of Barbados, 5th December 2008

Cheers

Fucking layabout.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby flipflop » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:17 pm

This was me up at dawn doing a bit of phys to get over the jet-lag. I did one morning of it then decided the all-included-in-the-price poolside bar was more fun. I never saw the right side of 10am after that, fucking minging every day I was. The resort nearly binned the whole idea of all-inclusive when I was there, fucking right too.

Cheers
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby nowonmai » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:49 pm

flipflop wrote:This was me up at dawn doing a bit of phys to get over the jet-lag. I did one morning of it then decided the all-included-in-the-price poolside bar was more fun. I never saw the right side of 10am after that, fucking minging every day I was. The resort nearly binned the whole idea of all-inclusive when I was there, fucking right too.

Cheers

Love it. It's cosmic connection like this that makes me realise what a set of rodents on wheels we all are. I always have those jet lagged early morning resolutions - hey why don't I go for a run on the beach at this time every day to make the most of it, it's all so life affirming - that descend immediately into 1pm starts with a mouth like a badgers armpit, a few hours of squinting, grim malaise by the pool and the bogs with the intent of an early night followed by that feeling of well being that magically settles in at 7pm when the bar comes to life and hey presto it's bloody fine hand in the evening and oh my god in the morning over and over again until the blessed release of flying the fuck out of there.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby flipflop » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:59 am

nowonmai wrote: in at 7pm when the bar comes to life and hey presto

My problem was I usually hanging one on by 1pm.

Mrs flipflop (11am) - "I am getting a fruit juice, want one?"

flipflop (11am) - "Yeah, thanks, my mouth feels like a crab shat in it"

Mrs flipflop (1230pm - lunch, at waitress) "I'll have a diet coke please"

flipflop (1230pm - lunch, at waitress) "Same for me, thank you"

Mrs flipflop (1pm - back in pool seats) "Want a juice or something?"

flipflop (1pm - back in pool) "Fuck it hen, I'm having a beer, you want a pina colada?"

Mrs flipflop - "Maybe a bit later, isn't it a bit early?"

flipflop - (4pm - back in poolside bar once more with short fat Canadian alcoholic who swears like a stevedore with tourettes') "Yur ...my besht pal, want another r-r-r-rum n coke mate? hic"

Cheers
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby coldharvest » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:24 am

I'm not that short and I meant every word.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby rickshaw92 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:59 am

This was me up at dawn doing a bit of phys to get over the jet-lag. I did one morning of it then decided the all-included-in-the-price poolside bar was more fun.

Theres a good lad.

The resort nearly binned the whole idea of all-inclusive when I was there, fucking right too.

I think I had the same effect at a resort in Cuba. I was pullin double shifts all week, so much so that when I got home I couldent stand the thought of havin a drink for almost 2 whole days!

Shit dude, where the fuck do you come up with this?
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Penta » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:25 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:

Shit dude, where the fuck do you come up with this?

I assume his feels like that most of the time. There's a reason people are called "foul mouthed".
Shes never interfered with me. I have no complaints about her.
Same here.
Mega ditto.
I met her once and I found her to be a nice lady. Not kookey in any way.
Penta has always been gracious, kind and very sane in all my interactions with her.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Postby flipflop » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:16 pm

Aren't you supposed to be ignoring me troll?

Cheers
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby nowonmai » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:56 pm

My problem was I usually hanging one on by 1pm.

You're from over the water so have a stronger constitution than me - if Kilburn High Road at 1pm on a Saturday (or Friday, Sunday etc) is to be believed. I have to have a few hours of dry retching to prep for the evenings events.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby flipflop » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:03 am

I'm getting like that too, old age. I celebrated the Twelfth out here with a few Orange bastards, leopard crawled to my pit at 5am, fucked me up for nearly three days.

Making suoman (hand thrown noodles) in Turpan open market, Xinjiang, China, 23rd September 2006

Cheers
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby flipflop » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:37 am

The small buddha niche, Bamiyan, Afghanistan, 7th October 2008

Cheers
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby flipflop » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:22 am

Milford Sound, South Island, New Zealand, 8th May 2007

Cheers
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

PreviousNext

Return to Photographs, Etchings and Daguerreotypes