Down at the Airstream Ranch

A forum to place the images of heathen souls that you have captured.

Down at the Airstream Ranch

Postby Professor Devlin » Tue May 06, 2008 3:44 am

Last week I stopped at the Airstream Ranch to check it out. The Ranch is located right next to I4 in Dover Florida. The guy who owns it is the owner of Bates Rv which happens to be the largest Airstream dealer in the country. I stopped by Bates to get some info and I learned that they have several vintage Airstreams on display. They use them as offices for sales when needed. The ranch property is fenced in so I could not walk right up to them. From the highway it is a cool sight though. Well, enjoy.

“I don’t care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it.”-William S. Burroughs
Professor Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Postby marie-angelique » Tue May 06, 2008 3:46 am

naughty boy, good thing the cops didn't see your act of vandalism ;)
"Give me control of your TV and I could have you sticking bullets in the backs of peoples heads within a month." nowonmai

"anything you say sounds dirty to me."
marie-angelique
Coonass

Postby redharen » Tue May 06, 2008 3:50 am

Cool, you'd mentioned this before and it's great to see pictures. The actual half-buried Airstreams are kind of a letdown, though; I pictured them standing out against the landscape like Cadillac Ranch outside Amarillo, but they just sort of look like they're stuck in there among the trees.
redharen
small ax

Postby Professor Devlin » Tue May 06, 2008 9:29 am

redharen wrote:Cool, you'd mentioned this before and it's great to see pictures. The actual half-buried Airstreams are kind of a letdown, though; I pictured them standing out against the landscape like Cadillac Ranch outside Amarillo, but they just sort of look like they're stuck in there among the trees.

The view from the highway is far better then what I shot. What sucks is you can't really walk up next to them. It reminds me of the good old Florida roadside attractions that are getting killed off.
“I don’t care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it.”-William S. Burroughs
Professor Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Return to Photographs, Etchings and Daguerreotypes