Swagnit pics

A forum to place the images of heathen souls that you have captured.

Re: Swagnit pics

Postby projectalice » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:01 pm

GORGEOUS pics. Thanks, Swagnit.
It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. (Ten Bears in "The Outlaw Josey Wales")
projectalice
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:45 pm

Jesus, we give you a country out of the generosity of the King's heart and you cons can't even wipe out a species that stops you swimming in great places in case you get eaten. Decent countires eradicated all dangerous wildlife in the 18th century at the latest.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby OneLungMcClung » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:54 am

nowonmai wrote: Decent countires eradicated all dangerous wildlife in the 18th century at the latest.

You Limeys still have the Greater Eastern Hooded Chav running rampant so I don't want to hear a peep out of you, sir!
Money Talks...
OneLungMcClung
BFCus Regularus

Postby swagnit » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:32 am

Thanks M_A and projectalice.
The fixie works well for travelling to cities / towns. Easy to pull apart and pack for air travel, what with no cables etc,(Not to mention steel frame, and no derailleur making damage less likely at the hands of airport staff.)
Great way to look around,, and commute from the pub.

nowonmai wrote:Jesus, we give you a country out of the generosity of the King's heart and you cons can't even wipe out a species that stops you swimming in great places in case you get eaten. Decent countires eradicated all dangerous wildlife in the 18th century at the latest.

Took em a two day operation just to sort out this 'monster',,,after an attack that made front page news of the local rag and saw the lake get closed.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/08/20/2661587.htm
So if it came to project to knock over the crocs, I'd still have my money on the crocs.

The trapping programs look like they might work out well for thinning the tourist population in the right direction.

http://tools.ntnews.com.au/photos/photo_gallery_popup.php?splash=0&category_id=1065

Cheers
Swagnit
swagnit
BFCus Regularus

Postby swagnit » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:02 am

Roadtrain- This one is for transporting cattle, and not particularly large.
Some of the 'B-trains' are huge, and rigs pulling ore from mines bloody heavy - around 170tonne.

Cheers
Swagnit
swagnit
BFCus Regularus

Postby swagnit » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:10 am

Boabs.
Love em.

History behind this one is that it once served as a prison /lockup.

Cheers
Swagnit
swagnit
BFCus Regularus

Postby flipflop » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:56 am

Swagnit!!

Good to see you back buddy, great pics as usual. How's life in the bush these days mate?

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby Hitoru » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:15 pm

Boabs.

I thought they were only native to Africa, thanks man.
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby swagnit » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:46 am

flipflop wrote:Swagnit!!

Good to see you back buddy, great pics as usual. How's life in the bush these days mate?

Cheers

Cheers mate.
Getting plenty of work. Just finished a good stint in the Northern Territory and Kimberley.
Back in Perth now, missing that warm northern weather.
Rolling out a bit of work here, then it looks like I headed out to the gold mining and wheat farming country,,, crap country, But hey, it's work so it can't always be beer and skittles
Looks like my next long stint in the far north will be for the wet season,, a spectacular time.

Hanging for a break,, dreaming of a holiday.

Hope your keeping well fella.

Cheers
Swagnit
swagnit
BFCus Regularus

Postby swagnit » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:10 am

Hitoru wrote:Boabs.

I thought they were only native to Africa, thanks man.

Any time.
There's a bunch of similarities between the north west of Aus and Africa,
From vegetation to diamonds.

There's even stories that the Kimberley region in Aus was named after the Kimberley diamond fields in South Africa.
eg. here- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimberley_%28Western_Australia%29
Story fits nicely in coincidence, but it's bullshit.
It was named by a fella called Forrest, in honour of the '1st Earl of Kimberley'
The real story-
http://www.westaustralianvista.com/alexander-forrest.html

Cheers
Swagnit.
swagnit
BFCus Regularus

Postby Hitoru » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:46 am

Right,
I'd like to try some boab seeds to grow as bonsais. I think it gets to cold to grow them here in Texas without a green house.
Not to hijack your thread sir but this article struck me as somewhat interesting . There was a boab with prawn recipe included.

The use of the Boab as a root crop food, however, has so far been restricted to some local Kununurra people. The Aborigines didn't really use this part of the Boab but researchers at the Dept of Agriculture in Kununurra, in conjunction with a couple of local growers, came up with the idea in 1999 when the Department was looking for a viable vegetable to use as a commercial crop.

· 'Baby Boabs' are the young and tender roots of new Boab trees. The crop is grown from the Boab seed and depending on the time of year it takes six to ten weeks for them to grow. The roots are then ready to eat. They can be served raw in salads or cooked up in any way you desire. The flavour is not particularly strong.

· 'Baby Boabs' are crunchy, a little like a radish or water chestnut and taste a bit peppery. When roasted they have a sweet parsnip-like flavour.

· 'Baby Boabs' should be available in selected supermarkets in Perth from mid-September.

Thanks man.
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby swagnit » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:36 am

Thanks Hitoru.

I'd never heard of baby boabs as a food, so I'll give em a try when they become available.

I know nothing about what it takes to get the seeds to germinate, but an interesting aside on the climate issue is that a boab has been successfully transplanted to Perth and is surviving quite well. ( aprox 2000km south of the region they grow in, and a very different climate)
http://www.sciencewa.net.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2657%3Aboab-bloom-reflect-success-in-plant-genetics-july-2009&Itemid=200077
http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,24044396-2761,00.html

This mob might be able to point you in the right direction-
http://www.bgpa.wa.gov.au/contact-us

Cheers
Swagnit
swagnit
BFCus Regularus

Postby flipflop » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:30 pm

swagnit wrote:
flipflop wrote:Swagnit!!

Cheers

Cheers mate.
Getting plenty of work. Just finished a good stint in the Northern Territory and Kimberley.
Back in Perth now, missing that warm northern weather.
Rolling out a bit of work here, then it looks like I headed out to the gold mining and wheat farming country,,, crap country, But hey, it's work so it can't always be beer and skittles
Looks like my next long stint in the far north will be for the wet season,, a spectacular time.

Hanging for a break,, dreaming of a holiday.

Hope your keeping well fella.

Cheers
Swagnit

I'm good mate, still in the 'Stan. Keep the pics coming, you're like the end scene of Mad Max 3 -

"And we lights the city, not just for him, but for all of them that are still out there. 'Cause we knows there come a night, when they sees the distant light, and they'll be comin' home. "

Keep on bushwhackin' mate

All the best
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Previous

Return to Photographs, Etchings and Daguerreotypes