Vincent's Photos?

A forum to place the images of heathen souls that you have captured.

Vincent's Photos?

Postby Vincent » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:08 am

Here is my attempt at posting some photos:

Baku, Azerbajian

Scooter in Rome

Boy and Dog, Rota, Spain

Lighthouse in Point Loma, CA

"Too bad my real life experiences lead me to believe they're just like the rest of us: 5% assholes, 5% good people and 90% scenery." - el3so, BFC philosopher and bon vivant.
Vincent
BFCus Regularus

Re: Vincent's Photos?

Postby marie-angelique » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:50 am

woo hoo! keep 'em coming :)
"Give me control of your TV and I could have you sticking bullets in the backs of peoples heads within a month." nowonmai

"anything you say sounds dirty to me."
marie-angelique
Coonass

Postby SRR » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:10 pm

...and why not Vincent's photos? They're great, and hopefully we'll see more of them.
"May these times be the stone that sharpens our steel." - السيد الحصاد
SRR
Hippie Dangerous

Postby flipflop » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:25 pm

Yup, a photo says more than a thousand words

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby Vincent » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:08 pm

So, after searching for about 8 years, I have finally come upon the rural land and mountain retreat that I have always wanted to and closed on the property late last month. Not much to it yet, and I am working on plans for a Cob House/Sustainable Living/Energy Independent house now, but for the time being, have a small, but cozy trailer on the property.

It's 20 acres that border about 1800 acres of state forest, so a great place to retreat to and is great fun to work on. A nice change of pace from downstate NY.

Seeking a bit of advice from our more arborally aware friends - If you see in the pics of the meadow, there are a series of hardwood trees (about 8 - 10 inches in diameter) tha tI plan on cutting down. How would you get rid of the stups? Dig them out? Burn them out? Any advice is helpful.

Also, if any BFCer is so inclined, you are more than welcome to camp out on the land and enjoy. Here are a few pics:

The Trailer

The Meadow

The Road

The Help

"Too bad my real life experiences lead me to believe they're just like the rest of us: 5% assholes, 5% good people and 90% scenery." - el3so, BFC philosopher and bon vivant.
Vincent
BFCus Regularus

Postby Jäeger » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:56 pm

How would you get rid of the stups?

One word, explosives. Enjoy.

Looks like a nice place Vincent, congrats.
Jäeger
In Last Chance Saloon

Postby coldharvest » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:50 pm

I assume you want to do it quickly?
If so blow'em.
You could get a stump grinder (tool rent-all should have them) or cut them right close but......explosives are fuckin' cool.
If you can wait then just ring them and you'll have some firewood as well.

You could have a BFC chainsaw party...many of us having whoringly large saws.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby SRR » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:27 pm

Very nice Mr. Vincent. And only 13 months after you posted your first photos. ;)

Just a question: is that girl with the machete going to be chasing me around the property all the while I'm camping on it?
"May these times be the stone that sharpens our steel." - السيد الحصاد
SRR
Hippie Dangerous

Postby Vincent » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:01 am

Very nice Mr. Vincent. And only 13 months after you posted your first photos. ;)

Yes, I am rather slow.....

Just a question: is that girl with the machete going to be chasing me around the property all the while I'm camping on it?

Oh no, that's ridiculous. She hasn't chased a thing since I taught her how to set a deadfall trap.
Vincent
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:53 am

Vincent wrote:

Oh no, that's ridiculous. She hasn't chased a thing since I taught her how to set a deadfall trap.

A father after my own heart.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby el3so » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:35 pm

Looking good Vincent. Congratulations.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Caliban » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:18 pm

Vincent wrote:So, after searching for about 8 years, I have finally come upon the rural land and mountain retreat that I have always wanted to and closed on the property late last month. Not much to it yet, and I am working on plans for a Cob House/Sustainable Living/Energy Independent house now, but for the time being, have a small, but cozy trailer on the property.

It's 20 acres that border about 1800 acres of state forest, so a great place to retreat to and is great fun to work on. A nice change of pace from downstate NY.

Seeking a bit of advice from our more arborally aware friends - If you see in the pics of the meadow, there are a series of hardwood trees (about 8 - 10 inches in diameter) tha tI plan on cutting down. How would you get rid of the stups? Dig them out? Burn them out? Any advice is helpful.

Also, if any BFCer is so inclined, you are more than welcome to camp out on the land and enjoy. Here are a few pics:

The Trailer

Before you know it, this will be you -

In fact, now I compare the windows on those two vans....oh, Vincent.
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby Vincent » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:32 pm

In fact, now I compare the windows on those two vans....oh, Vincent.

Christ, do those pants make me look fat?.
Vincent
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:04 pm

Coldharvest has it right: Chainsaw party. Have everyone cut those trees down about chest high (4-5' above ground), then take a 10 ton tow strap and yank them out with a 4x4 in 4low. Those are fairly small trees and should come out using that method. If you don't have access to a truck, enlist the help of a rural neighbor who has a tractor down the road - there is bound to be one there.

I'm still wondering if this is a spoof or if you really did buy some rural property up there somewhere.

I've done some work in Franklin County (just South of Quebec) - not sure where your land is...
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Vincent » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:50 pm

I'm still wondering if this is a spoof or if you really did buy some rural property up there somewhere.

No spoof my friend. I actually did do it. The property is in the eastern portion of Otsego County, between the cities of Cobleskill and Cooperstown (closer to Cobelskill).

I appreciate all the advice - I knew folks here would know. The last time I was out at the proerty, I actually used my chainsaw for the first time, although my chainsawing skills need some improvement.

Thanks gang.
Vincent
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Photographs, Etchings and Daguerreotypes