Swain's Pics

A forum to place the images of heathen souls that you have captured.

Re: Swain's Pics

Postby Chimborazo » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:56 pm

Ultra Swain wrote:That fishing trip sucked, the seas were rough and the guys I went out with were not geared for the fish I was hoping to catch.I was hoping for barracuda or krapu Those little bastards like what I am holding have jaws like stone and feeling them bite and trying to set the hook while the boat is being tossed around was not easy. My buddy who took the photo spent 90% of the trip puking over the side and eventually passed out. It was a long 8 hours for not much payoff.

That's too bad, but I love fishing even when it sucks. Well, I guess I just love being out on the water.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Ultra Swain » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:09 am

Tulum, Mexico

Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby ktrout » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:28 am

Stiv wrote:Geat stuff!

I like the Cenote stuff I really want to go diving in one of those someday.

Best,
Stiv

Did once. Not sure if I will do it again. Something about seeing schoolbus sized rocks on the floor of the cenote (I went to Chac Muul).
Thinking about a roof cave in is kind of what turned me off. The fact that there could be saltwater rivers flowing through them without significant intermixing is just amazing. Your viz goes to 0 even with a light and no crud in the water due to haloclines. Be ready for that and stay on your line. It happens without warning. It's definitely worth it to have on your list, though. One thing I thought was cool was the absolute clarity of the water. Fish and other divers look like they're suspended in space it's so clear.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Photographs, Etchings and Daguerreotypes