What's This?

A forum to place the images of heathen souls that you have captured.

What's This?

Postby nowonmai » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:02 am

Pop quiz. What beast made this mark? Answers on a post card. First Prize is a slideshow evening round Penta's. Second prize is two evenings...you get the idea.

nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Re: What's This?

Postby flipflop » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:54 am

A Deaf Leopard?

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby Fenrisco » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:27 am

Dunno, but it dropped its lighter.
Fenrisco
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:46 am

I'm guessing human.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:32 pm

tricky one.

I thought it was a small single toed hoofed mammal at first but that is not how they run. I am now going to guess it is a member of the weasel family...lets say an Otter.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Penta » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:02 pm

Big for an otter. I saw a lot of otter spoor in Ireland last week (and ironically, my photos from there are what nowonmai is taking the piss about), and they were smaller than a lighter.
Shes never interfered with me. I have no complaints about her.
Same here.
Mega ditto.
I met her once and I found her to be a nice lady. Not kookey in any way.
Penta has always been gracious, kind and very sane in all my interactions with her.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Postby Royal » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:10 pm

¬
¬
"If his prints are on the lighter we've got him Scully."

..........Image

.......................................................................Image
Image We have no effective screening methods to make sure pilots are sane.— Dr. Herbert Haynes, FAA.
Royal
BABE MAGNET

Postby nowonmai » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:53 pm

Definitely not human, there weren't any for miles and there was a nice long set of these babies leading down to the water. I assumed at the time they were Jaguar but they don't look like any examples I can find online. I was hoping some of you tree people would hit the solution straight away "It's clearly a bow legged jaguar which has just had its breakfast and is walking backwards you moron, like duh"
It was clearly a large 4 legged beast which I estimate came in at well over 200lbs from the depressions left in the mud. Best guess still is a Jaguar. Fenrisco gets the prize though for most amusing comment and the lighter will be despatched as soon as I've had this fag.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:54 am

wait...that is one print? There were others nearby?

I am going to indignantly blame my poor answer on your vague presentation (!!!)

Could you include a whole picture of the series of tracks so we people who bullshi... I mean are expert trackers can look at the gate of the beast to make a more accurate prediction? (I will still likely guess something like "200 lb Otter" anyway)

Also if you find any of its scat please bake in an over at slightly less than 90 degrees C for 10 hours and then spread the dried contents on some acid free white paper and I should be able to determin its diet without other people having the fortitude to question my scatology.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Woodsman » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:37 am

nowonmai wrote:Definitely not human, there weren't any for miles and there was a nice long set of these babies leading down to the water. I assumed at the time they were Jaguar but they don't look like any examples I can find online. I was hoping some of you tree people would hit the solution straight away "It's clearly a bow legged jaguar which has just had its breakfast and is walking backwards you moron, like duh"
It was clearly a large 4 legged beast which I estimate came in at well over 200lbs from the depressions left in the mud. Best guess still is a Jaguar. Fenrisco gets the prize though for most amusing comment and the lighter will be despatched as soon as I've had this fag.

Either the picture just isnt' clear enough or the tracks are pretty old - but those don't look like cat tracks to me. I don't imagine a jaguar track to be much different from a cougar track. I've seen cougar tracks and unless it was a baby...that's no 200# cat. The tracks from a 200# cat would be wider than the lighter - for certain.

The soil looks like a clay marl type...where is the location of the tracks (you don't have to be real specific about it, but just close enough to know what animals would inhabit the area)? That might help pin things down some.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:30 am

looks like a guy pushed the toe of his boot into the ground 4 times.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Kurt » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:26 am

Woodsman wrote:The soil looks like a clay marl type....

OK, if I am every murdered by what may be a type of soil, please get Woodsman on the case and pay him well from my ample estate.

Now if only I can remember which one of you I made my executor while drunk.....(I think it may have been Yorick)
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Chimborazo » Sat May 02, 2009 11:48 pm

Woodsman wrote:The soil looks like a clay marl type...where is the location of the tracks (you don't have to be real specific about it, but just close enough to know what animals would inhabit the area)? That might help pin things down some.

I'd like to know too. Most felines have four toes plus the pad, and it doesn't look like hyena either.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Return to Photographs, Etchings and Daguerreotypes