World War II Reenactment Photos

A forum to place the images of heathen souls that you have captured.

World War II Reenactment Photos

Postby LechoZX » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:06 am

Back in September I headed out to Rockford, IL where they have the largest WWII reenactment in the US. I took a bunch of photos and edited some to look like period photos. Here are a few and I have a lot more including the originals.

Blah person
LechoZX
BFCus Regularus

Re: World War II Reenactment Photos

Postby Caliban » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:07 pm

How much of a buzz must it be to own your own Sherman Tank?
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby Glassgost » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:40 am

I'll see if I can find it, but I have a picture of myself and some friends at a WWII reenactment taken with a WWII era camera, and the man who owned it had a "Released by the Signals Bureau" stamp for it on the back.
Glassgost

Postby nowonmai » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:31 pm

It would be better if there were some 88mm re-enactors with live ammunition. My old neighbour (who became a sort of surrogate grandfather - mine having been killed by fucking kraut bastards) rode to war on a Sherman as a private soldier in Guards Armoured, the infantry used to sit on the outside until encountering effective fire (which meant at least one of them getting shot off) and then they would reluctantly get off and walk it in to the enemy position. No wonder the krauts held them up on the single road to Nijmegen.They weren't called tommy cookers for nothing either. I've probably said this before but he learned to drive under fire, his words "had to pull a dead yank out of the seat and get it out of the road". That's pretty much the sum total he ever said about the war. He ended up liberating Belsen, never got anything other than an expression on his face about that. What I loved most is that he had an artillery luger which he had traded for some british kit with an American (some things never change) but sadly handed it in to the filth after one of their many scare tactic messages. It is is probably in some retired copper's attic now.

Anyway, good old Charlie (railway signalman by trade and ace allotment operator) popped his clogs 15 years ago now; given the state of the nation since then I'm glad he went before he saw the fruit of his efforts get pissed down the drain by the thieving pygmies who run politics in the "modern" era.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Ultra Swain » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:40 am

I am big on the "Pre-enactment" movement. Here we are pre-enacting the battle of Orion 12 in 2514

Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby Glassgost » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:00 am

Dammit, that made me spit out my coffee.
Glassgost

Postby LechoZX » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:33 am

Glassgost wrote:I'll see if I can find it, but I have a picture of myself and some friends at a WWII reenactment taken with a WWII era camera, and the man who owned it had a "Released by the Signals Bureau" stamp for it on the back.

I would love to see that. I wonder how the photo effect would compare to my attempt at making a modern digital camera look like 1944.

Ultra Swain wrote:Here we are pre-enacting the battle of Orion 12 in 2514

Child android soldiers? I'm down with that.
Blah person
LechoZX
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:05 pm

It is 2513 you spaz.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Lunatock » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:55 am

I'll have to look into The Battle of The Buldge reenactment near Fort Indiantown Gap I heard about once, also bring my Yashica 124 and some black & white film. Not unlike these photos on black & white film, at an airshow back in August 2009.

So I'll meet up with that Russian, that Brazillian, the rest of the team from Brooklyn..and we'll start shooting.
Lunatock
Obarrg

Return to Photographs, Etchings and Daguerreotypes