Shaped by War: Photographs by Don McCullin

A forum to place the images of heathen souls that you have captured.

Shaped by War: Photographs by Don McCullin

Postby Mikethehack » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:20 pm

Special Exhibitions Gallery, 6 February to 13 June 2010. FREE ENTRY
Imperial War Museum North presents the largest ever UK exhibition about the life and work of Don McCullin, one of the world’s most acclaimed photographers, to mark his 75th year. Many items are on public display for the very first time.

For more than 50 years, McCullin’s images have shaped our awareness of modern conflict and its consequences. His courage and integrity, as well as the exceptional quality of his work, are a continuing inspiration and influence worldwide.

A unique collaboration between McCullin and the Imperial War Museum, this major new exhibition contains over 200 photographs, objects, magazines and personal memorabilia, and shows how war has shaped the life of this exceptional British photographer and those across the globe over the last half-century.

A major new book published by Jonathan Cape: Don McCullin: Shaped by War accompanies the exhibition.

Further exhibitions of Shaped by War: Photographs by Don McCullin are planned at:

* Victoria Art Gallery, Bath, 11 September - 21 November 2010
* Imperial War Museum London, 7 October 2011 - 30 January 2012

http://north.iwm.org.uk/server/show/nav.24321
I'm not really a proper reporter, due to the chronic lack of discipline, negligible attention span, and a certain juvenile difficulty taking serious things seriously.
Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack
Pimpmasterus Generalismus

Re: Shaped by War: Photographs by Don McCullin

Postby Penta » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:23 pm

Mr P and I are really hoping to get up to Manchester to see it. But the only possible times are 3rd week in March or April. If anyone else is going at either of those times, perhaps we could meet up for a day out up north.
Shes never interfered with me. I have no complaints about her.
Same here.
Mega ditto.
I met her once and I found her to be a nice lady. Not kookey in any way.
Penta has always been gracious, kind and very sane in all my interactions with her.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Re: Shaped by War: Photographs by Don McCullin

Postby Penta » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:58 pm

We went today. A fine retrospective of the work of a brave and compassionate man. Some of his photographs are powerful enough to make you weep all over again, 40 years after you first saw them. The shellshocked marine at Hue, for instance:
and the dead vietcong soldier with his possessions:

I couldn't look at the Biafra ones, except briefly, from a distance.
Shes never interfered with me. I have no complaints about her.
Same here.
Mega ditto.
I met her once and I found her to be a nice lady. Not kookey in any way.
Penta has always been gracious, kind and very sane in all my interactions with her.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Return to Photographs, Etchings and Daguerreotypes