Apropos nothing in Asia

A forum to place the images of heathen souls that you have captured.

Apropos nothing in Asia

Postby suwon fish » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:59 am

Having lifted the gauntlet thrown down by Cold Harvest, I will post some random pics of my adventures/misadventures in Thailand, Cambodia and Korea.

These are just pics that either make me smile or chuckle. Please feel free to add your own to this thread...

To kick off, my favourite picture ever. The day I certified as a scuba instructor. The pic was taken in a little bar in Kata (in "the swamp" for those who know the area). It was a very good day.

This pic is from the Safari nightclub in Phuket. Safari is an open air nightclub, literally hacked out of the jungle. The dance floor was made from the felled trees. The most kick ass nightclub I have ever been to...
Safari has it's own climbing wall, and being an asshole, I had to give it a go ^^

The Eden Club is legendary for, uh, good service, amongst other things... I got to know these two ladies there. Again, for those who know Eden, they were on the dirty side of the line.

The greatest scuba club that ever was, or ever will be again...

One of my students providing some much needed discipline to the local staff...

I'm the guy on the left enjoying a well earned fag. This pic features Russel Krogh (Deep Blue Quest) and Ralph Deutch (Big Blue 33). Together we made up 60% of the western scuba instructors in Korea. A bomb going off would have nearly wiped out the leisure scuba diving industry in Korea!

The lady in this pic was the mamasan from a bar I liked. I was all fired up to go sport fishing. She hooked up a fishing trip for me, but not like I was expecting. We went to a restraunt with an attached swimming pool. You litereally had to fish for your supper then they cooked it up on the spot. Some of these critters had labels on them that meant you won $10 or a bottle of local hooch. It was a fucking riot! Try it if you get the chance.

This pic is from Sockcho on the East Sea (Sea of Japan). Behind me in the cloud is the Sorak mountain range. I can't remember why I am posing like a twat. I'll let you make up your own minds

A day should not be praised until the Sun has set, a woman until she is burned, a sword until it's tested, ice until it's crossed or beer until it's drunk - Viking proverb
suwon fish
BFCus Regularus

Re: Apropos nothing in Asia

Postby rickshaw92 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:19 am

Been to Asai lots of times and never seen a frog in a ice cube before. Cheers for that dude, you rock.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby coldharvest » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:06 pm

Outstanding.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Hitoru » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:06 pm

Pretty cool.
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby Royal » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:36 pm

Now that's living.

Kill your ipods.
Image We have no effective screening methods to make sure pilots are sane.— Dr. Herbert Haynes, FAA.
Royal
BABE MAGNET

Postby suwon fish » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:54 am

Thanks for the kind words guys. A lot of good times in these pics...

rickshaw92 wrote:Been to Asia lots of times and never seen a frog in a ice cube before. Cheers for that dude, you rock.

Mr Shaw, I think it was a kind king prawn. If I ever do find a frog in an ice cube, you will be the first person I send the pic to!
A day should not be praised until the Sun has set, a woman until she is burned, a sword until it's tested, ice until it's crossed or beer until it's drunk - Viking proverb
suwon fish
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am

I'm the guy on the left enjoying a well earned fag.

Thank fuck you did not post a pic of that!
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Woodsman » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:46 pm

Real cool. Thanks for sharing these.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby suwon fish » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:24 am

rickshaw92 wrote:

Don't worry Mr Shaw, I'm not coming out of the closet! It's just an American thing. If an American says he bums a lot of fags, he simply means that he ponces a lot of ciggies. If a Brit said the same thing it would mean he thouroughly enjoys "Ugandan practices".

I hope that cleared it up for you ^^

If I was a fag as you brits would have it, why would I be kissing this beautiful woman???

suwon fish
BFCus Regularus

The youngest barmaid in the world

Postby suwon fish » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:51 am

There was a strip of restraunts/bars on victory beach where me and a buddy would relax and perv at (check out) the wives of Russian gangsters. In their string bikinis and with gym hard bodies they were maybe worth waking up next to a horses head for... I didn't get any pics of the gangster molls, but I took a pic of our favorite barmaid. The older I get, the younger barmaids look!

ATTN: Yes, it's Cambodia, yes, it's a kid. This poppet helped out her mother at a family owned bar/restraunt. Wonderful food, lovely people. End of message.
suwon fish
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:04 am

suwon fish wrote:
rickshaw92 wrote:

Don't worry Mr Shaw, I'm not coming out of the closet! It's just an American thing. If an American says he bums a lot of fags, he simply means that he ponces a lot of ciggies. If a Brit said the same thing it would mean he thouroughly enjoys "Ugandan practices".

I hope that cleared it up for you ^^

If I was a fag as you brits would have it, why would I be kissing this beautiful woman???

I have done quite a bit of travellin and have been to a lot of places but the biggest bit of culture shock I have ever had was when I was sat at the Tottenham pub on Oxford Street and some bloke asked me if he could bum a fag. Almost fell off my bar stool.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby el3so » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:07 am

That kid is saccharine-grade cute.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby rickshaw92 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:16 am

You sure thats a woman? Seems to be a bit of adams apple action goin on there.

If an American says he bums a lot of fags, he simply means that he ponces a lot of ciggies.

No. A Yank or a Canucklehead that bums fags is as queer as a 3 dollar bill.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby el3so » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:02 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:You sure thats a woman?

Pretty sure suwonfish posted that pic as a joke, Rick. Wig, chin, cheeck-bones = trap.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby suwon fish » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:14 pm

This is the view from The J bar balcony. J bar is run by a German called Johnny, who is (in his own mind) a stylish dresser. Peaceful and beautiful, you can enjoy the sun setting as you drink 50c beers.
After you're drunk, Johnny will try to lure you into a dice game called Mexico. Soon after you start playing you'll lose your shirt and Johnny will add it to his collection.
I drank there 5 or 6 times and one evening, I was impressed when some local ladies hosted an impromtu sex show! Add cheap beer and a million dollar view to that and you have a good bar!

Just a random pic from Ocheteaul beach. Not really my cup of tea (fucking backpackers!) but I did enjoy the $3 buckets of G&T or Vodka and redbull. Yup, that comes in a bucket, no shit. Like a kids bucket and spade bucket, 'cept with a straw in it.
One thing I always hoped to see was one of those asshole firedancers setting himself on fire. No luck yet :(

This lady is a Korean haen-ya. These ladies freedive for shellfish and octopus. The trade is dying out as no young blood is entering the industry. The youngest licenced haenya in Jeju is late forties with the oldest being late eighties. This haenya worked an average depth of 12 m but in Jeju the normal working depth is 20 m. I'm a better than average free diver but I can't get close to these ladies. She was really shy and hated having her pic taken. I tried to help this old lady with her bag and nearly popped a disc in my back. It took 2 of us to carry this old ladies bag to her handcart.

suwon fish
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Photographs, Etchings and Daguerreotypes