Apropos nothing in Asia

A forum to place the images of heathen souls that you have captured.

Re:

Postby suwon fish » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:53 am

el3so wrote:
rickshaw92 wrote:You sure thats a woman?

Pretty sure suwonfish posted that pic as a joke, Rick. Wig, chin, cheeck-bones = trap.

You have a good eye el3so.

A friend of mine was able to digitally enhace the picture to reveal what lay beneath the subtly applied makeup...

A day should not be praised until the Sun has set, a woman until she is burned, a sword until it's tested, ice until it's crossed or beer until it's drunk - Viking proverb
suwon fish
BFCus Regularus

Haenyo

Postby suwon fish » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:46 am

A little more on Haenyo. Japan and Korea have a long cultural history of lady divers, Koreans diving primarily for food and the Japanese ladies diving primarily for pearls.

Seeing these ladies now in their 60's, 70's and 80's (there are no more young Haenyo still working) it's hard to understand why they have such a sexual mystique in Korea. This archive picture from the Jeju Island Haenyo Museum shows the standard diving attire for Heanyos pre 1960's and also explains away some of the mystery ^^

A day should not be praised until the Sun has set, a woman until she is burned, a sword until it's tested, ice until it's crossed or beer until it's drunk - Viking proverb
suwon fish
BFCus Regularus

Re: Apropos nothing in Asia

Postby rickshaw92 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:00 am

So what exactly do you do when swimmin about under the water?
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby suwon fish » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:23 am

rickshaw92 wrote:So what exactly do you do when swimmin about under the water?

99% of the time I'm underwater (in the sea) I am assessing student skills or leading tours for more advanced divers. Frankly, my job is to make sure everyone in my care gets back on the boat/beach alive and un-injured. This involves extensive preparation before entering the water and CONSTANT VIGILANCE when in the water. All too often it can be like herding kittens.

I sometimes think that you shouldn't make your passion your job as there is a danger of losing the magic you enjoyed. I dived for 17 years before I turned pro and I had much more bliss and much less stress in those days.
suwon fish
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:33 am

Whats your opinion of diving in the Red Sea? Easy Jet or one of the other cheapies outta LGW services Sharm and I am thinking of a 2 week dive trip. Worth it? I think the open water beginner course is 5 days and then you can go on week long tours.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Caliban » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:12 pm

suwon fish wrote:
rickshaw92 wrote:
I'm the guy on the left enjoying a well earned fag.

Thank fuck you did not post a pic of that!

Don't worry Mr Shaw, I'm not coming out of the closet! It's just an American thing. If an American says he bums a lot of fags, he simply means that he ponces a lot of ciggies. If a Brit said the same thing it would mean he thouroughly enjoys "Ugandan practices".

I hope that cleared it up for you ^^

If I was a fag as you brits would have it, why would I be kissing this beautiful woman???

"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby suwon fish » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:30 pm

Caliban wrote:

Is that really what you concluded from this thread? Really? You must've been a helluva copper ^^

suwon fish
BFCus Regularus

Games and pastimes

Postby suwon fish » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:08 am

Jenga is a popular pastime in LOS (the land of smiles). An ice breaker and way to pass the time. You'll find it everywhere, taken to it's Nth degree.

Patong has it's own variant called Patong Game High. I have only ever seen this variation played in and around the Bangla Rd. Here it is... Notice the barmaid looking looking over the top like cira 1940's Kilroy grafitti!

Giant Jenga can also be found, and it's probably called Giant Game High.

Connect 4 is another game that has been taken to an olympic level in LOS. This lady is feeling the pain after I kicked her ass 5 straight times at Connect 4!

suwon fish
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Photographs, Etchings and Daguerreotypes