Photographs keep disappearing

This forum is for technical questions related to the message board. Now for registered users only.

Photographs keep disappearing

Postby Caliban » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:14 pm

I am uploading jpeg photographs to put on the site. I am using Photobox.com , I am putting them into an album that I have marked as public and then copying the URL from their properties page.

I have put this into the message page between the img tags and the picture is appearing when I post. However once I close down the photobox site the picture will disappear from the BFC page.

Anyone any ideas what I am doing wrong?
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby Kurt » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:23 pm

Does photobox allow linking of photos in its public albums?

If they are a place that gets it srevenue from free ads then they will block remote linking.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Caliban » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:39 pm

Thanks for replying Karl

Yes it is a public album. It gets its revenue fro pro albums and subscribers buying prints and printed albums of their photographs. No pop up ads that I know of.

As these things usually go. After I asked the question I edited the message and upto now it has stayed on. Typical !
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby Kurt » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:32 pm

Anytime Calexico!
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Caliban » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:23 pm

Im Obliged....(I'll say this quietly) It seems to have worked, whatever I did !
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Return to Technical Questions