My foriegn texts cannot show up on the BFC

This forum is for technical questions related to the message board. Now for registered users only.

My foriegn texts cannot show up on the BFC

Postby Outkast » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:59 pm

This has been driving me battsh*t crazy, but I cannot figure out what the problem is.

Whether it's Hebrew or Japanese, I can't post unicode characters on this site. I can enter them and they show up as normal while I type, but the second I hit submit, they turn into question marks.

This goes for copy and pasting too. Most damning, is that I can <i>see</i> other people's characters perfectly. This is the only website that I have this problem at (where others seem to have no problem.)

Do I have a setting here at the site wrong or something? Is it a browser incompatibility issue?

Here is an example, copy and pasted right out of YnetNews. It is supposed to be Hebrew, but when I hit the submit button, it magically becomes:

?????: ????? ????? ?? ??? ????? ????

????? ???? ?????? "????????? ????" ???? ?????"? ????? ?????? ?? ??????? ?????????? ?????? ?? ????? ?? ?????? ???? ???. ???????? ????? ??????? ??????? ???????. ?? ?? ???? ????? ????? ??? ?? ?????, ?????? ?? ?????? ??????? ????? ?? ??????? ?????? ?? ?????? - ????? ??? ?????? ???????

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated...
<i>Homo-janai!!!</i>
Outkast
Resident Zionist Puppet

Postby Kurt » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:09 pm

I am clueless.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Outkast » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:19 pm

This is some bull@$$#... I'm not a computer expert or anything, but I can't understand how it would be this difficult.

It really behaves as if the board itself is not allowing the unicode, but that doesn't stick because everyone from Royal with his Japanese to that crazy Serbian guy with his Serbian shows up normally...

Arghh...
<i>Homo-janai!!!</i>
Outkast
Resident Zionist Puppet

Postby Outkast » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:34 am

Did anyone ever figure this out? I still only get question marks for unicode characters...
<i>Homo-janai!!!</i>
Outkast
Resident Zionist Puppet

Postby Stiv » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:32 am

Brandonja doesn't seem to have any difficulty with that at all.

Why would you want to do that to us too?

~Stiv
Her eyes like sparks, my heart like gasoline
Stiv
BFCus Regularus

Postby kilroy » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:45 pm

bradonja, myself, and several others don't have any problems with it, and i think we determined before that you can read other people's unicode on the bfc. so the problem has most likely got to be on your end, though i am baffled as to what it could be...
when they ask how you feeling
you tell em you feeling like something important died screaming
you tell em you feeling like something even more important arrived breathing
something you should probably try feeding
kilroy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Outkast » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:20 am

I still don't get it either. How am I supposed to re-caption all of Bradonja's picture posts with homo-erotic Arabic love phrases if my unicode doesn't work?...
<i>Homo-janai!!!</i>
Outkast
Resident Zionist Puppet

Return to Technical Questions