U.S. Accredited Journeyman Electrician.

This forum is for technical questions related to the message board. Now for registered users only.

U.S. Accredited Journeyman Electrician.

Postby wsduncanb » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:23 am

In A.M. Costa Rica wsduncanb advertised:
Journeyman electrician is available as HELPER for commercial and residential projects or assignments ANYWHERE. Completely and fully equipped. Have own tools. Will work CHEAP as an electrician out of devotion and love for the electrical trade. Former IBEW apprentice! wsduncanb@hotmail.com 10/11/06

1st Response:
Hola,

I would like to have your phone number, as I might need an electrician for a renovation contract. I will be in CR next week, and from there I will see the exact job that is needed. It could be a 3 or 4 days contract, and it is on a Central Pacific beach.... but I will have a place for you to stay if it takes more than a day. So if you can give me your phone number, and how much you charge, we will keep in touch Thanks JO

wsduncanb replies to first (later same for ¨ColdWater¨):
Hola, Comrade!
Currently, I am in Mexico City, D.F. and on the move towards my old haunts in San Jose and Escazu, C.R. My cell phone is presently inactive so I wont have a reliable contact telephone number until I establish residence at some location in country. But, youre doing fine with me thus far with this e-mail correspondance we have going. So, disclose some of the specifics right here and now since I, too, will be arriving in C.R. around the first week of November and will be disposed to get to work immediately on this renovation project youll have going soon thereafter. And, also, in terms of pay, my wage scale is determined by the labor intensiveness of the project - whether materials are already in place (components and a schematic) or if Ill have to assess the complete job which could take hours and hours. Im flexible, but a complex assignment would cost anywhere from one hundred to one hundred fifty dollars a day in accordance with U.S. National Electrical Code standards. By Costa Rican standards, however, I reckon seventy-five dollars a day would suffice, but, mind you, I dont know or have the lay-out of the complete project. In any event, this, you will admit, is a COMPLETE BARGAIN for my experience and expertise!

YoursTruly,
WSD Binns

ps. I shall have a telephone number for you by 11 November 2006... promise!

AquaFria says:
Hello,
I have a home in cahuita. I am currently adding on to it and also doing a totol remodel. I have brought new electricity in from the street, and am now looking to completely redo the house. This means tear out the existing and put all new in.Are you interested? What are you rates? Do you have access to materials, or should we provide them? Let me know if you have an interest in this propject.

P.S. It is a small house.
Thank you, Ed Baca
Julie baca
aguafria@earthlink.net
EarthLink Revolves Around You.

wsduncanb returns:
Ju-lie Ba-ca,

Was kindá taken a-back when you informed me of the fact that your husband, Ed, is a GENERAL CONTRACTOR. Wow! I used to live in Albuquerque, NM so I am aware that construction standards there are no doubt rigorous. I will attempt to live up to the challenge of helping to wire-up said residence for the benefit of you two... I mean, when a master electrician´s involved, all one can do is HELP. And he´s a GENERAL CONTRACTOR!
ImageImage
110-volts at 60-cycles is it there in Costa Rica? Pura vida!

Yours´Truly,
W.S. Duncan-Binns

>Ed: We were wondering if you may be interested in staying at the house for
about three weeks. You could do the work in that time and maybe we could
work out a trade, We will be in Cahuita November 19th thru Dec, 4th and
back on the 25th of December. So it would be the time period from Dec 4th
to dec 25th.

WSDB: I will without a doubt take you up on said offer.

>Ed: Maybe we could meet a day or two before we leave and set you
up with want we want and what you need.

WSDB: Be advised, I am African-American!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/shadowobjectivists/

AquaFria finally:

Hello again.

Ed and I were going over the electrical plan this morning and we came up with several questions that we wanted to pose to you. Hope that you will be able to answer them.

We are now unsure if we should buy our supply there in Costa Rica or here in the States, and bring them down, what would you suggest?

We want to install a tank less hot water heater, or on-demand hot water heater. Do you have experience with these types of installations?

We also want to install a laundry washer and dryer, a medium refrigerator, a gas range ( sometimes they need electrical also), there will be regular demand for the typical kitchen equipment, several (7 (on the small side), 4 interior, 3 exterior) Fans, 12 outdoors sconces, 5 indoor sconces, 8 indoor ceiling lights, 2 future runs for garden lighting, 2 motion detector lamps, and several wall electrical outlets indoors and a few outdoors. The house consists of two bedrooms, a kitchen, a bathroom, and a large combination living - dining room indoors (about 850 sq. ft. interior) Outdoors there are 850 sq. ft. of covered porches, this is where three of the fans will be and the exterior electrical outlets and outdoor sconces - all under roof). We will be needing to purchase a breaker box to run all this from. Can you calculate what will be kneaded?

Do you have all the nessesary tools to accomplish this job? Drills, hole saws, etc.

Also we will need an estimate of time required and a cost for labor. We will pay for all materials, either we will bring them, buy them there, or pay you from receipts if you need to purchase anything, which I am sure we will run into that scenario.

Also Ed wants to get a sense of your electrical background. Are you a journeyman? What experiences do you have?

If we think of anything else we will write to you, also visa versa, please write us with questions, and answers.

Thanks again, and hope to hear from you soon.
Julie and Ed Baca
Julie baca
aguafria@earthlink.net
EarthLink Revolves Around You.

Comrades Ed and Julie Baca: I shall regret to inform you that I will no longer be in the running to accept the employment opportunity you have for me to take since I cannot be in Costa Rica before 1 March 2007 given the current political climate within the United States Of America. I am sorry. So, in the hands of the immortal words of one Dr. ¨Bones¨ McCoy I will bid you farewell and leave you among the TICOs who may qualify for said position:

¨Dammit, Jim! I´m an ELECTRICAL JOURNEYMAN,
Not a MASTER ELECTRICIAN or bloody magician!¨

Pura Vida, Amigos!

W.S. Duncan-Binns
1585 Thane Road
Juneau, AK 99801
"I´ve already been executed,
I´m just waiting to die." -wsdb

W.S. Duncan-Binns
Apartado 0815-00349
Cuidad Panama
Republica De Panama
Central America
wsduncanb
BFCus Regularus

Serf: The WORST Movie Ever Made!

Postby wsduncanb » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:33 am

Yorick PM´ed:
Heard all kinds of stories about demonstrations and chaos down ther at Oaxaca, you responsible? (:=

wsduncanb
BFCus Regularus

Postby Outkast » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:37 am

This might be the wrong forum for this...
<i>Homo-janai!!!</i>
Outkast
Resident Zionist Puppet

Dr. Gregory Haeffner, VAMC

Postby wsduncanb » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:01 am

Not only is he an evil genius
But a technical wizard, too!

Dr. Haeffner has touched and healed
Many, many people and he´ll save U2.

Just ask him..

(305) 541-8435
Ext. 105
wsduncanb
BFCus Regularus

Postby Outkast » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:07 am

Somebody needs to save U2...
<i>Homo-janai!!!</i>
Outkast
Resident Zionist Puppet

How Is Jim Crow (In Costa Rica)?

Postby wsduncanb » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:23 am

http://www.jimcrowhistory.org/
http://www.ferris.edu/jimcrow/what.htm
>From: "Julie baca" <aguafria>
>Reply-To: aguafria@earthlink.net
>To: "William Sherrick Duncan-Binns" <wsduncanb>
>Subject: RE: electrical work
>Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 12:35:00 -0700
>
>thanks for the up-date. We will look to another for the work to be done.
>Adios... Ed and Julie
wsduncanb
BFCus Regularus

Postby NIJ » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:12 am

I'm confused.

1) Why did you post that exchange?
2) What does the political climate in the US have to do with your ability to be in CR?
3) What does yorick's PM about Oaxaca have to do with any of this?
4) Who is Dr. Haeffner and why is he relevant to the exchange?
5) What does Jim Crow have to do with any of this?
6) Why do your posts have random recording artists and musical references throughout them?

I feel that I am missing something significant.
NIJ
BFCus Regularus

Postby soulohio » Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:38 pm

yea, i am with NIJ...as a guy who feels it is a blessed event to draw a paycheck and be awarded work in a skilled occupation, i think the last thing these people needed was you fucking with them as your form of entertainment. there are plenty of people that need work... if you are not one of them mr binns why don't you leave the grownup responsibilities and endeavors to the people that can handle it? just stay on welfare or whatecver you got scammed to make your rent and don't be fucking up the reputations and attitudes about us skilled labor to employers by those of us that really intend to do a day of honest work? dingdong...
where are you going? why don't you walk the wheel with us? what is the matter my american friend? what has upset you?
soulohio
BFCus Regularus

Return to Technical Questions