question about banner at polosbastards...

This forum is for technical questions related to the message board. Now for registered users only.

question about banner at polosbastards...

Postby seeker » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:13 am

http://www.civiliancontractorjobs.com/ has a banner on the polosbastards.com website - this might seem like a really naive question,

but in the spirit of following up on similar opportunities, does anyone recommend that website or other non-defense/non security contractor job sites?

the bottom line for me: the massive corpo media empire has just announced it's sale to another corpo media empire - and they don't seem to have room for news/media/talk radio in their mandate - so having worked as a producer and a freelance journalist, writer, and photographer for years,
it's really about time I get the efff out of North America but not do it in such a reckless fashion as to reveal my probable inexperience - and I think going this route might be the best way to get my feet wet.

The advice shared by the most experienced of you has been invaluable, and makes me feel better for having used caution rather than hubris when approaching things - after all, we don't live in the Victorian British Empire anymore (shucks)

bottom line, a 20 page CV is not going to sit well with anywhere I apply - especially now that it's clear that I NEED to move on, and I'm not going to sit well anywhere that my experience and desire to continue to learn aren't going to be excercised...so maybe this is the first step out?

In any case, i'm never going to be ashamed for asking for advice when it comes to possibly being in a position where I need not reinvent the wheel - and I have to move on...it's a compunction and a desire to learn that cannot be satiated - and i feel good about it because it's driven by a complete lack of ego - so for those of you who understand what I'm babbling about, any advice or info pertaining to the banner or similar ways to move on would be heartily appreciated!
seeker
BFCus Regularus

Postby Stiv » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:44 am

Seeker,
You might want to pm Jamesintheworld as it's his banner, either at Polo's, here or at the contractor website.

He's a helpful enthusiastic guy in those regards.

He as well as few other folks have given me some good info. My CV and interests and plans are similar.

Best,
Steve
Her eyes like sparks, my heart like gasoline
Stiv
BFCus Regularus

Postby seeker » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:57 pm

thanks Stiv/Steve! from another former Stiv and and actual Steve!
seeker
BFCus Regularus

Postby Stiv » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:37 am

seeker wrote:thanks Stiv/Steve! from another former Stiv and and actual Steve!

Uh oh my evil Canadian twin!!

Yikes~

:-)))

Best,
Stiv...........
Stiv
BFCus Regularus

Postby CR3 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:40 pm

Stiv wrote:

I'm not sure we really need another Stiv.
I'm an adventurous person, I don't mind the gap.
CR3
BFCus Regularus

Postby Stiv » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:45 pm

CR3 wrote:
Stiv wrote:

I'm not sure we really need another Stiv.

No argument here.

The world is safer that way.

~Stiv
Stiv
BFCus Regularus

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:14 am

Hay seeker, I just re-launched www.CivilianContractorJobs.com if you want to check it out

seeker wrote: the bottom line for me: the massive corpo media empire has just announced it's sale to another corpo media empire - and they don't seem to have room for news/media/talk radio in their mandate - so having worked as a producer and a freelance journalist, writer, and photographer for years,

Also one of our staff is a Civilian Contractor that is in charge of the media office for a major base in the Middle East, I am sure that he can give you some advice.

~JITW
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Return to Technical Questions