Please Kurt, Please Kurt ,Please Kurt ,Please Kurt....

This forum is for technical questions related to the message board. Now for registered users only.

Please Kurt, Please Kurt ,Please Kurt ,Please Kurt....

Postby flipflop » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:17 am

Can you set up an ignore function? Pretty please? Huh? My head is hurting from what I'm seeing on the Flag these days......I want to ignore some of it

Go on, pretty please?

Cheers mate
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby Kurt » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:44 am

I am still looking into it.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: Please Kurt, Please Kurt ,Please Kurt ,Please Kurt....

Postby roadkill » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:59 am

flipflop wrote:Can you set up an ignore function? Pretty please? Huh? My head is hurting from what I'm seeing on the Flag these days......I want to ignore some of it

Go on, pretty please?

Cheers mate

+1
roadkill
BFCus Regularus

Postby flipflop » Mon May 14, 2007 2:21 am

Kurt wrote:I am still looking into it.

Any further with this old chap?

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby Kurt » Mon May 14, 2007 8:14 am

flipflop wrote:
Kurt wrote:I am still looking into it.

Any further with this old chap?

Cheers

Not quite. But if it exists it will be included in the next board upgrade. No date set but I am guessing it will be within two months.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby flipflop » Mon May 14, 2007 10:29 pm

Nice one

Cheers
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

ignore function

Postby Dr. V » Thu May 17, 2007 8:00 pm

I've just finished being a tester for an update on another board I post on -

They have installed the ignore function but all it does is show the ignored persons post in a background colour -

You can select people to ignore but they do not actualy just disappear, you can still see thier posts and user names and are given the option of clicking on them or not in order to read the full post -

So no real advantage that I can see ........ which is a shame as I was hopeing to add someone to the ignore list and never have to even see thier user name again. (hence my interest in testing this particular piece of that new board)

You can, on the other hand block thier pm's.
Dr. V
Academikus Seductresus

Postby Kurt » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:11 pm

phpBB3 has a "friend or foe" option. A "foe" on the forum will not have their posts viewable...so it is an "ignore" function.

The problem is that the phpBB3 is only in development stage now. But when it is available I will install it here after about 2 weeks availability so I can track problems that early adopters are having.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

A brillian idea...

Postby Woodsman » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:42 pm

Here's a brilliant idea (meant for flipflop, etc.): Try to obtain some self-control. If you don't like a post, ignore it manually - you know, sort of like you do in a verbal conversation.

Why is it you feel you need "devices" when all you have to do is use the one between your ears?

Seems to me what you need isn't a "ignore option", but rather some good old fashioned skin thickener.
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Return to Technical Questions