playing region 1 dvd's in the UK

This forum is for technical questions related to the message board. Now for registered users only.

playing region 1 dvd's in the UK

Postby Dr. V » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:27 pm

I know its possible to rip the US dvd to my hard drive , convert the region and burn it onto a dvd so I can play it normaly here in the UK (playing it on the computer is giving me a headache) .................but the question is how???? - whats the software involved and where do I get it from?
Dr. V
Academikus Seductresus

Re: playing region 1 dvd's in the UK

Postby Aryan » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:55 pm

vlindsay wrote:I know its possible to rip the US dvd to my hard drive , convert the region and burn it onto a dvd so I can play it normaly here in the UK (playing it on the computer is giving me a headache) .................but the question is how???? - whats the software involved and where do I get it from?

Sounds like a lot of hassle - most DVD players in the UK are now multiregion. You just need to enable it in one of the menus.
Aryan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Dr. V » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:39 pm

your right its just I never thought of that as an option.

I discovered that dvdshrink followed by nero writer would do it if I had a few days to spare and nothing else to do................however fortunatly for me I found a technical wizz kid who worked out how to enable multi region on my ancient dvd player and I can now watch the TV series of Highlander on full screeen.
Dr. V
Academikus Seductresus

Return to Technical Questions