printer will not printe

This forum is for technical questions related to the message board. Now for registered users only.

printer will not printe

Postby fgmsociety » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:47 am

Any suggestions....big interview in the morning, and I can't print resume....shiiiiiiittttttt............................
fgmsociety
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:26 am

email resume to friend who lives close to interview and pick it up in the morning.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:34 am

convert it to a pdf and take it with you on a cell phone or pda.

printers suck.

Lemme guess:

HP inkjet that was a bargain but you have not used in a while?

I got one for $40 a few years ago and I used it to print about 20 pages and then left it idle for about 3 months and when I had to print again the whole thing was fucked. Dried cartridge, dried heads..totally useless until I spent about two hours swabbing it with 90% isopropyle alcohol and letting it dry and spending $20 to replace a nearly full cartridge.

So I solved that problem by not using them anymore. I threw mine away and have never been happier.

Ditch paper.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby SRR » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:54 pm

Go laser. I bought a laser printer in 1989 and it lasted until 2004, when a lamp burnt out and would have cost $200 to fix. Never once had to replace the toner cartridge. Then in 2004 I was given an HP Laserjet and have promptly not done a damn thing to it aside from print, print, print. Lasers are über cheap these days too. Don't do the ink thing, it's a sham.
"May these times be the stone that sharpens our steel." - السيد الحصاد
SRR
Hippie Dangerous

I guess the old one was o.k.!

Postby fgmsociety » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:13 pm

Thanks for the ideas! I just got a call saying they want me in tomorrow to present me with a job offer! I CAN'T BELEIVE IT! YIPPEE YAHOO.....but the printer is still not working....I'm working on it.
fgmsociety
BFCus Regularus

Return to Technical Questions