needed: 101 ways to annoy AOL

This forum is for technical questions related to the message board. Now for registered users only.

needed: 101 ways to annoy AOL

Postby Dr. V » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:59 pm

more precisely 101 ways to annoy (voodoo, hex, blow up, decimate into little pieces, remove from existence........) the call centre in Delhi who do not speak English, just repeat everything back to you with an annoying voice whilst 'apologising for the inconvenience' and who have left me without any internet connection for over a month and still haven't fixed it now...........
Dr. V
Academikus Seductresus

Postby Kurt » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:30 pm

You may just keep on saying "What? I don't understand you...Can I get another call center?

When they mumble something say:

"I cannot understand you"

then

" I cannot understand you"

repeat as needed.

They should then transfer you to a call center in either Boston or in the UK.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Dr. V » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:54 pm

Kurt wrote:They should then transfer you to a call center in either Boston or in the UK.

Ireland - eventually, if you shout in very complicated words (2 syllabi or more) that they don't understand, shout very loudly and slowly whilst waving your arms around you get transferred to the lovely people in Ireland.
Dr. V
Academikus Seductresus

Postby Kurt » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:56 pm

Wonderful.

Did the drunken Irish resolve it for you then?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Dr. V » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:54 pm

They found the error that the Indian call centre made in the broad band house move request, have supposedly fixed it so broadband will be switched on in 10 days (yeah right - like I believe them) and after a few more calls, the opportunity to listen to the rest of Dolly Partons greatest hits (just in case I didn't catch them all the first time around) and more shouting down the phone I eventually hung on 'Sandish' and got the dial up connection to work myself whilst drinking a very large gin and tonic.
Dr. V
Academikus Seductresus

Postby SRR » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:41 pm

There has to be something more rewarding for internet in your area aside from AOL. Like putting a fork in a wall socket, or smashing your fingertips with a hammer.

I used to have a huge coaster collection of AOL CDs. It was all the rage at house parties in the late 90s.
"May these times be the stone that sharpens our steel." - السيد الحصاد
SRR
Hippie Dangerous

Postby Dr. V » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:03 am

SRR wrote:There has to be something more rewarding for internet in your area aside from AOL. Like putting a fork in a wall socket, or smashing your fingertips with a hammer.

not sure, think they are all pretty similar - OK when working and complete nightmare when you have a problem / move house / do anything complicated at all!
Dr. V
Academikus Seductresus

Postby OneLungMcClung » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:39 pm

Repeat to yourself X 10:

AOL = THE WALMART OF THE INTERNET.

Sorry to be harsh, but unless you are inextricably intertwined with it or do not have another option I recommend another ISP. Strongly. AOL assumes everyone is stupid and computer illiterate and treats them as such. Most of their call center types who speak English will talk to you like a 5 year old child...at least they used to. Hopefully they've stopped that.
Money Talks...
OneLungMcClung
BFCus Regularus

Postby loki547 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:04 am

AOL is not a real ISP. kinda proxyish
loki547

Postby Dr. V » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:51 am

and I'm tied into them until Jan 2008..........

now just off to look for a razor blade, large bottle of pills or peice of rubber hosing that I can attach to my car exhaust..........
Dr. V
Academikus Seductresus

Postby Mikethehack » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:19 pm

The the person in Ireland have an Indian accent?
I'm not really a proper reporter, due to the chronic lack of discipline, negligible attention span, and a certain juvenile difficulty taking serious things seriously.
Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack
Pimpmasterus Generalismus

Postby Dr. V » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:28 pm

Mikethehack wrote:The the person in Ireland have an Indian accent?

nope - a nice lilting accent that sounds soooo good on the phone - very soothing on the nerves...............
Dr. V
Academikus Seductresus

Postby Dr. V » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:16 pm

OK - I'm bringing this back up again cos I've just spent 8 FUCKING HOURS on the phone to AOL in Delhi AGAIN (yes maybe I should be in the rants department - feel free to move me)

They have now decided its a fault on the line which they knew about at 9.30 this morning - however they didn't tell me until 4pm this afternoon, so I spent hours pissing about with routers, ip addresses, pinging things ('madam I will now tell you how to spell ping in my virtually unintelligible English' ....)

As compensation for my time and phone calls they offered me a refund for the time (approx 24 hours HA HA ) that I will be without broadband - which works out as the large sum of 49p.

I then got through to the cancellations department ('madam - please try to use professional language when complaning' - I don't think she liked me calling her colleagues Fucking Incompetent) who are going to let me cancel my contract in Feb and not charge me for this month.

however - they still haven't fixed it.
Dr. V
Academikus Seductresus

Postby Woodsman » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:23 pm

Fire 'em.
Get yourself a real URL.
Set up your own E-mail.

AOL can go to hell as far as I'm concerned...they are the bane of other internet providers existence, banning networks via spamming, etc. AOL is walmart and it's obvious that they've sold you out to india.

Can 'em.

That is all.
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:26 pm

Ya know V you can use the internet at the library for free. They got newspapers too.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Next

Return to Technical Questions