It's not an ignore function but...

This forum is for technical questions related to the message board. Now for registered users only.

It's not an ignore function but...

Postby Chelly » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:57 pm

it's not an ignore function, but there's a particular Avatar that irritates me so just now I decided to see if I could single out and block it with AdBlockPLus (a plug-in for firefox that removes most advertisements from websites). fortunately the avatar is stored offsite so I just added the address of the avatar to the filter list from the preferences menu in Adblock, and when I restarted my browser, Voila! gone.

just realized even avatars uploaded to the Flag are going to have an address you can block, plus any sig's that are huge and wasting your page loading speed.
Chelly
Besleeve Yourself, Strumpet!

Postby Kurt » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:40 pm

Hmmm...I will try another experiment on those lines...brb with an edit.

[edit]

Hmmm..my linksys router has an option for blocking access to websites so I tried blocking the source of wsduncanbinns enourmous sig. It didn't work at all.

So I just blocked the pick from firefox. But I am baffled as to why a firewall will not block things. I could go into IPtables in my linux box and do it but the point of a commercial firewall appliance is to be easy to use as well as work.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Return to Technical Questions