The internet.....where is it?

This forum is for technical questions related to the message board. Now for registered users only.

Postby Kurt » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:01 pm

The data room I work in is kept at about 62 degrees. Usually I only need whatever shirt I am wearing there to be comfortable but for sessions more than two hours it is good to have a jacket.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Fansy » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:40 am

Sleeping in data/server rooms, as I had to do a few times at OIT at gatech waiting for friends to get off work, is fucking terrible too. It can be 85 degrees 2 doors and 50 feet away, but if you nod off in a chair you wake up 15 mins later at near hypothermia temperatures. Waking up cold makes me angry like almost nothing else.
"...we support members' rights to privacy."
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby LechoZX » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:51 pm

Too bad I didn't see this thread earlier! I design data center power and cooling for a living.

That room in the picture won't be cold because there is no forced cold air coming up through the floor tiles on a raised floor. It probably has a air handling unit or something that cools the air outside of the room.

Large high density server rooms use a configuration which cold air is blown up through floor tiles so the air passes in front of the servers for inlet and hot air is exhausted out the back and then through the ceiling.
LechoZX
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:12 pm

LechoZX wrote:Too bad I didn't see this thread earlier! I design data center power and cooling for a living.

That room in the picture won't be cold because there is no forced cold air coming up through the floor tiles on a raised floor. It probably has a air handling unit or something that cools the air outside of the room.

Large high density server rooms use a configuration which cold air is blown up through floor tiles so the air passes in front of the servers for inlet and hot air is exhausted out the back and then through the ceiling.

Oh no, very timely.
Cheers.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Previous

Return to Technical Questions