New Board Anarchy/Revolution

This forum is for technical questions related to the message board. Now for registered users only.

New Board Anarchy/Revolution

Postby yorick » Sat May 31, 2008 11:38 am

Now's our chance!! Draw first blood and never look back - expect all rules now redefined.

(:=
yorick
malum discordiae

Re: New Board Anarchy/Revolution

Postby yorick » Sat May 31, 2008 1:04 pm

Here now, lets post discussion of forum rules as we find em - here at tech forum where they belong:

1) Ye only git one edit apparently and/or the edit feature expires in short time.

2) Somebody whined about having an ignore feature on the author's board but i caint find it - does anybody know or care?

3) Chatroom: with pre-read feature of whats been said before, here's opportunity for monster ad-libing... anybody touchin base at the yaproom gotta spit up something or better yet splice whatever comment they choose to whats been left behind by last person checking in.

Anybody else? Any newly discoverable features? No bitchin and whining please, kurt's done helluva job keepin this last ditch dive int'l cafe/forum intact.

yorick
malum discordiae

Postby OneLungMcClung » Sat May 31, 2008 7:50 pm

It'll take me awhile to get used to the lack of an edit feature - that's how I type; I go back through and edit edit edit and add and subtract until happy.

As for ignore - click on the profile of the person you hate, click Add Foe, then confirm, and they are no longer on your list.

And yes, Kurt has done a helluva job so far. I miss the black background though...
Money Talks...
OneLungMcClung
BFCus Regularus

Postby Ultra Swain » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:01 pm

yorick wrote:Here now, lets post discussion of forum rules as we find em - here at tech forum where they belong:

1) Ye only git one edit apparently and/or the edit feature expires in short time.

2) Somebody whined about having an ignore feature on the author's board but i caint find it - does anybody know or care?

3) Chatroom: with pre-read feature of whats been said before, here's opportunity for monster ad-libing... anybody touchin base at the yaproom gotta spit up something or better yet splice whatever comment they choose to whats been left behind by last person checking in.

Anybody else? Any newly discoverable features? No bitchin and whining please, kurt's done helluva job keepin this last ditch dive int'l cafe/forum intact.

What is your hard on for rules dude?
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby Penta » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:28 pm

OneLungMcClung wrote:It'll take me awhile to get used to the lack of an edit feature - that's how I type; I go back through and edit edit edit and add and subtract until happy.

Editing is GOOD. But not necessarily after you've posted. You can indulge your need to edit just as well by using the preview function.
Shes never interfered with me. I have no complaints about her.
Same here.
Mega ditto.
I met her once and I found her to be a nice lady. Not kookey in any way.
Penta has always been gracious, kind and very sane in all my interactions with her.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Postby coldharvest » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:06 pm

Ultra Swain wrote:
yorick wrote:Here now, lets post discussion of forum rules as we find em - here at tech forum where they belong:

...it's the only hard-on he gets to have?
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Dr. V » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:43 pm

The search function is TOTALY FUCKED although Kurt said he might be able to go back in time and fix it in which case he would be my hero forever.

Dr. V
Academikus Seductresus

Postby yorick » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:50 am

coldharvest wrote:
Ultra Swain wrote:

Nah, ye boot lickers up ther reachin beyond yer methods and means like coupla 2nd and 3rd rate citizens pressin yer cheeks up against the glass at author's forum as subtitle ther suggests:

Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.
Moderators: coldharvest, Ultra Swain

VLindsay, expect lotsa internet bullshit with 'normalcy' homeland insecurity folks workin overtime - same venue as coupla culprits mentioned above. Similar folks damned near sold Kurt Eisner into slavery Dec 5 last year. Yet with last-ditch 3rd Generation BFC opening bein on top of the radar, lovers of eccentrics like you'n me MUST navigate accordingly to preserve and protect OpenSourceSolutions and keep the place crisp.

Anybody else got comments on new board rules? Found out myself the yaproom expires after 5 minutes without spaekin up. Good news is at entering y'all kin scan previous posts to git clue on whats goin on. I'm amazed anybody loggin ther doesnt stick around at least 10 minutes, at least comment on whats been said before ye. Heya Peterd, how bout bumpin the time limit?

And whats all this SHIT about the fuckin "ignore" feature thats wrongfully been posted at author's dominion instaeda here at the tech forum? Dont worry Penta, yer politicizing thats gotten ye widely ignored at the author's board doesnt follow you into chat.

Finally yeah, the edit feature's gone flakey with unseen forces tellin everybody when enough revisions been made. No prob for anybody says me, reconnoitring each post oughta be written as possibly our last.

yorick
malum discordiae

OH BOY!!!! A TARDIS!!!!

Postby Kurt » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:27 pm

vlindsay wrote:The search function is TOTALY FUCKED although Kurt said he might be able to go back in time and fix it in which case he would be my hero forever.

I want one.

I want a TARDIS. Robots are hard enough to make but at least the technology exists to make it.

Time travel...crap. I'd have no idea where to start.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby shivers » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:35 pm

Is that a Dr. Who set?
We are miserable sinners,
Filthy fuckers,
Arseholes!
shivers
BFCus Regularus

Postby Dr. V » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:14 pm

shivers wrote:Is that a Dr. Who set?

tut tut - its not a 'set' - its the inside of the TARDIS (Time and Relative Dimension(s) in Space)
Dr. V
Academikus Seductresus

Postby shivers » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:05 am

So it is a television set. (duh, it says bbc.co.uk/doctorwho right there on the photo)
We are miserable sinners,
Filthy fuckers,
Arseholes!
shivers
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:23 pm

yorick wrote:
coldharvest wrote:
Ultra Swain wrote:

Nah, ye boot lickers up ther reachin beyond yer methods and means like coupla 2nd and 3rd rate citizens pressin yer cheeks up against the glass at author's forum as subtitle ther suggests:

Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.
Moderators: coldharvest, Ultra Swain

Your jealousy is heart rending but perhaps if you weren't so deeply insane you'd see that the board is free and fair as it is.
Perhaps you should squat over a pentagram and Harry Potter up a board of your own? or are you to busy conjuring a spit-roast with Alister Crowley and Rasputin?
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby OneLungMcClung » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:33 am

Rasputin's pretty cool to party with but its a damned sausage fest at the séance because the bearded twat tries to Bogart the chicks.

Money Talks...
OneLungMcClung
BFCus Regularus

Postby marie-angelique » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:34 pm

OneLungMcClung wrote:Rasputin's pretty cool to party with but its a damned sausage fest at the séance because the bearded twat tries to Bogart the chicks.

maybe you could just invite him and not his dong?
"Give me control of your TV and I could have you sticking bullets in the backs of peoples heads within a month." nowonmai

"anything you say sounds dirty to me."
marie-angelique
Coonass

Next

Return to Technical Questions