Rude words in Topic names...

This forum is for technical questions related to the message board. Now for registered users only.

Rude words in Topic names...

Postby dogtanian » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:13 am

Hi everyone

Just a random thought...

It would be nice people didn't use words like fu*k and c*nt in topic names.

I'm stuck in Hong Kong and just tried to check out the Cafe to see if there are any interesting threads, but seems that somebody has used a rude word, so it's being blocked by the internet computer i'm on.

sux :/
"Truth is cool; but unattainable..."
dogtanian
BFCus Regularus

Location: Amsterdam - Douala - HCMC - Singapore - Wellington - Whistler

Re: Rude words in Topic names...

Postby coldharvest » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:11 pm

dogtanian wrote:Hi everyone

Just a random thought...

It would be nice people didn't use words like fu*k and c*nt in topic names.

I'm stuck in Hong Kong and just tried to check out the Cafe to see if there are any interesting threads, but seems that somebody has used a rude word, so it's being blocked by the internet computer i'm on.

sux :/

...perhaps you should take your protestations to the nearest Chinese Commie cunt who gives a motherfuck?
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Kurt » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:40 pm

I actually agree with Dog.

Its annoying that I cannot visit the flag as often as I used to since I never know now when I will come accross Asian nudity or have someone look over my shoulder wonder why I am reading a topic about "cunts".

I have no real objection to profanity and I often use it (and have probably used in topics as well many times). I think when I am not t work I will start slapping nude asians off the board and then prepare for Royal to leave in another hissy fit about "censorship".
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby coldharvest » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:11 pm

all right....I'll use a substitute
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Mikethehack » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:01 pm

She's not nude. She's still wearing gloves.

I'm not really a proper reporter, due to the chronic lack of discipline, negligible attention span, and a certain juvenile difficulty taking serious things seriously.
Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack
Pimpmasterus Generalismus

Postby OneLungMcClung » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:04 pm

Mikethehack wrote:She's not nude. She's still wearing gloves.

And a smile.
Money Talks...
OneLungMcClung
BFCus Regularus

Postby dogtanian » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:12 pm

Since you mention it Coldharvest...

I'm now actually sitting in bed in Beijing using hotel internet, and nothing seems to be blocked at all. Not even the assorted collection of profane BFC threads and topic titles.

I've even managed to look up a lot of different wikipedia pages about various systems of g0verment, as well as certain events that happened in a particularly notable quadriangle not too far from where I am at the moment.

Pretty bizzare really. I really did expect everything here to be far more locked-down than it is in Hong Kong.
dogtanian
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:18 pm

dogtanian wrote:Since you mention it Coldharvest...

I'm now actually sitting in bed in Beijing using hotel internet, and nothing seems to be blocked at all. Not even the assorted collection of profane BFC threads and topic titles.

I've even managed to look up a lot of different wikipedia pages about various systems of g0verment, as well as certain events that happened in a particularly notable quadriangle not too far from where I am at the moment.

Pretty bizzare really. I really did expect everything here to be far more locked-down than it is in Hong Kong.

That is interesting....perhaps they're giving you rope?
be careful, I'd miss you
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby dogtanian » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:32 pm

coldharvest wrote:
dogtanian wrote:Since you mention it Coldharvest...

That is interesting....perhaps they're giving you rope?
be careful, I'd miss you

Well, I guess it's entirely possible that the party has simply decided stop locking down internet connections in places such as top-tier hotels... on the basis that prettymuch anybody person with the financial means to stay in a hotel wouldn't find it particularly difficult to buy a plane ticket to another country.

On the other hand, it's also entirely possible that I'm going to have a rather interesting day tomorrow.

nuff said methinks... I think I really ought to stop typing now...
dogtanian
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:24 pm

Hong Kong airport per chance? If the internet is still free then stop yer bitchin.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Royal » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:20 pm

Kurt wrote:
Its annoying that I cannot visit the flag as often as I used to since I never know now when I will come accross Asian nudity
I think when I am not t work I will start slapping nude asians off the board and then prepare for
Royal to leave in another hissy fit about "censorship".

I'm surprised you've started bad mouthing me. I didn't think that was your style.

At the time, you deleted a post of mine that had NO pictures (& I don't post nudes) in it & was not offensive to anyone.... it jokingly criticised your mate ultralswain.That's why it disappeared.

So I asked you to delete all of my posts.
You didn't. Your choice.

If you can't "play" computers at work them go to chat with ultraswain & penta....or delete & ban everything you don't like.
Image We have no effective screening methods to make sure pilots are sane.— Dr. Herbert Haynes, FAA.
Royal
BABE MAGNET

Postby Ultra Swain » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:42 pm

At the time, you deleted a post of mine that had NO pictures (& I don't post nudes) in it & was not offensive to anyone.... it jokingly criticised your mate ultralswain.That's why it disappeared.

I am a bit hurt that you left because of me. Now I am curious what could have been so offensive and even more offensive upon its removal.
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby dogtanian » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:24 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:

Hong Kong airport per chance? If the internet is still free then stop yer bitchin.

Haha...

Yup - Internet access in Hong Kong airport is, indeed, still free.

By the way Rickshaw... I couldn't help but notice your interesting Avatar. Where is it? It looks exactly like the illustration from the front cover of Franz Kafka's novel "The Castle".
dogtanian
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:43 pm

it's Edinburgh castle is it not?
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby rickshaw92 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:31 pm

Top marks to Coldharvest for it is indeed Edinburgh castle. Its the back of the castle, not the front that is on all the postcards so Dog can be forgiven for not instantly recognising it.

Royal wrote:
& I don't post nudes

Wanker!
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Return to Technical Questions