Adjusting photo sizes

This forum is for technical questions related to the message board. Now for registered users only.

Adjusting photo sizes

Postby vagabond » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:03 pm

I'm sure everyone's run into the problem of trying to post an image outside the size limitations (1000 pixels). Is there a way to resize it within the [img] tags so it does post?
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Re: Adjusting photo sizes

Postby Caliban » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:51 pm

vagabond wrote:I'm sure everyone's run into the problem of trying to post an image outside the size limitations (1000 pixels). Is there a way to resize it within the [img] tags so it does post?

Which photo hosting site do you use? If its photobucket you can click on the image or the edit button top left above your picture and it gives you a basic editing suite. One of the buttons is resize. They give you several preset sizes and a custom option, just choose the size and save.
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby vagabond » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:03 am

Caliban wrote:
vagabond wrote:I'm sure everyone's run into the problem of trying to post an image outside the size limitations (1000 pixels). Is there a way to resize it within the [img] tags so it does post?

Which photo hosting site do you use? If its photobucket you can click on the image or the edit button top left above your picture and it gives you a basic editing suite. One of the buttons is resize. They give you several preset sizes and a custom option, just choose the size and save.

Probably wasn't explicit - this is for, say, pulling an image off a random site and including it here. If they're my own photos I know how to adjust them; it's grabbing a larger one off a news feed or something like that to put on the BFC that is sometimes a problem if it's above 1000 pixels. I didn't know if there was any tricks with our [img] tag that would allow me to resize it for use in a post. I've noticed that some of the other ones (like [quote], [url], etc) have special properties sometimes.
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby JOHN O » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:43 am

I've stopped posting pics here due to the size limitations.
Staff Member,www.theakforum.net ~ retired
JOHN O
BFCus Regularus

Postby marie-angelique » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:46 am

i think you are SOL unless it's your own photo.
"Give me control of your TV and I could have you sticking bullets in the backs of peoples heads within a month." nowonmai

"anything you say sounds dirty to me."
marie-angelique
Coonass

Postby vagabond » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:56 am

That's kind of what I assumed. Was worth a shot though.

vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:44 pm

JOHN O wrote:I've stopped posting pics here due to the size limitations.

that fuckin' deeply saddens me
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby marie-angelique » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:55 pm

coldharvest wrote:
JOHN O wrote:I've stopped posting pics here due to the size limitations.

that fuckin' deeply saddens me

me too, i love those ak pix.
"Give me control of your TV and I could have you sticking bullets in the backs of peoples heads within a month." nowonmai

"anything you say sounds dirty to me."
marie-angelique
Coonass

Postby Woodsman » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:29 pm

adjusting photos is easy, no matter whose photo it is. Simple software that comes with most computers will do the trick...
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby vagabond » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:50 pm

Woodsman wrote:adjusting photos is easy, no matter whose photo it is. Simple software that comes with most computers will do the trick...

From me, above: Probably wasn't explicit - this is for, say, pulling an image off a random site and including it here. If they're my own photos I know how to adjust them; it's grabbing a larger one off a news feed or something like that to put on the BFC that is sometimes a problem if it's above 1000 pixels. I didn't know if there was any tricks with our [img] tag that would allow me to resize it for use in a post. I've noticed that some of the other ones (like quote, url, etc) have special properties sometimes.

You know how you can do
Code: Select all
[url=http://sexrockets]Cool link[/url]
?

I was wondering if the same could be done with an oversize photo. For example: if online and found a relevant one at at a website, and it was 1500 by 1500, I could resize it to post here by doing something like this:

Code: Select all
[img height="500" width="500]sexrockets.com/elephantbreaksthebank.jpg[/img].

But, as m-a and others have said, it's probably not possible with how the forum is set up. Not a big deal as I understand it would save on memory and keep the forum low cost, just a curiosity since it's something I've run into lately.

vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby Penta » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:01 pm

I've been trying to change my avatar (to one RYP posted), but I can't make it work.
I've copied it into photobucket and resized it as instructed, so it's small enough (5 kb - 92 x 100). Then I tried to upload it as an avatar and I get this message:

The avatar’s filesize must be between 0 and 12 KiB.
This file cannot be displayed because the extension is not allowed.
The upload was rejected because the uploaded file was identified as a possible attack vector.

The extension is .gif. If it's an attack vector (whatever that is) as my avatar, you'd think it wouldn't have let RYP post it in the forum either.
Can anyone help?
Shes never interfered with me. I have no complaints about her.
Same here.
Mega ditto.
I met her once and I found her to be a nice lady. Not kookey in any way.
Penta has always been gracious, kind and very sane in all my interactions with her.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Postby el3so » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:08 pm

Penta wrote: Can anyone help?

Try saving it as a .bmp (bitmap file) after opening the pic on your own computer using ms paint.
7.I TRIED TO FILM SEX WITH BEAUTIFUL GIRLS, ORGASMS, CRIMPIES, SQUIRTS - BUT ALL DON'T CARE.IN A YEAR I DOWNLOADED 180 VIDEOS OF WHICH THE MOST WATCHED ARE IN@EST, SLE@PERS AND TABOO.PEOPLE STRIVE FOR EVERYTHING WRONG AND FORBIDDEN, IT IS THEIR NATURE.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Penta » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:01 pm

It's an iMac and I haven't got MS paint. I can't see how to save it as anything else. I'm an idiot when it comes to images. All I can do is crop them or straighten them up when I've taken photos crooked (as I usually do). ;)
Same here.
Mega ditto.
Penta has always been gracious, kind and very sane in all my interactions with her.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Postby Woodsman » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:36 pm

Penta wrote:It's an iMac and I haven't got MS paint. I can't see how to save it as anything else. I'm an idiot when it comes to images. All I can do is crop them or straighten them up when I've taken photos crooked (as I usually do). ;)

This is an example of MS paint. (a super old skool program) Jefe was familiar with this one if you recall...(I call this Penta: RYP stylez)
Attachments
61.jpg
61.jpg (5.13 KiB) Viewed 17353 times
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Penta » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:51 pm

Yes, I remember Paint. And you're rather handier with it than Jefe was. ;)
Same here.
Mega ditto.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Next

Return to Technical Questions